[NEW] Latest Market 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 BLACK .[UPDATE RELEASED]

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
i am able to extract the vending .apk from the themed market file but then i cannot copy/paste it to the system/app folder. it says the file is read only. when i change the permissions of the file to what you have check marked and press ok, when i reopen the permissiosn they have reverted to how they were originally checked.

Are you using Root Explorer? You have to switch to Read/Write mode... And permission has ro be changed after file is copied into root...

attachment.php

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Wildman... can you help me out with getting back to getting my market useable? I'm on liberty1.5 and I'm sure you already know it but the black theme doesn't work. I'm not sure how to revert

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Are you using Root Explorer? You have to switch to Read/Write mode... And permission has ro be changed after file is copied into root...

attachment.php

using those directions i did finally get it to copy and overwrite the existing vending.apk app in the system/app. i then changed the permissions to what you said, and they remain that way. but when i try to install it it goes through the install process then says application not installed.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
using those directions i did finally get it to copy and overwrite the existing vending.apk app in the system/app. i then changed the permissions to what you said, and they remain that way. but when i try to install it it goes through the install process then says application not installed.

That was the installation process, once you override the file and set permission, just reboot. You do not have to do any more, the app should run when you click icon on launcher.. Just Reboot

Does anyone have the market apk file? I just want my market to work again.

See Attached File (THIS IS LIBERTY ROMS STOCK MARKET), use Root Explorer to override Vender.apk in system/app and change permission as listed and then reboot and you will be back up and running...

6666d1298567275-new-latest-market-2-3-2-black-update-released-cap201102241106.jpg

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My market version is 2.3.3. I think I'm going to hold off.

This is starting to look like a never ending project... I got update to 2.3.3 also and I am back to the stock look... I am going to play around with seeing if I can transfer theme using metamorph so if the update again the apk won't need to be rebuilt every time, hoping this is workable because I did the save thing to change superuser icon back to old ninja icon using metamorph. Hope this can be done same way..

Last edited:

mac16

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay this is weird. Im on apex 1.41 and I installed this couple days ago and it worked fine. Then earlier I pulled up my market again and it changed back to green? What the?

mac16

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Ya I'm still having problems. I checked an am indeed on 2.3.3 so I downloaded one of the 2.3.3 ones from the link you posted, applied it through bootstrap it says successfull, I reboot and nothing is changed? Market still the same.

I tried 2 different ones in the thread with the same result :/. Any ideas? On apex 1.41 if it makes a difference.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Ya I'm still having problems. I checked an am indeed on 2.3.3 so I downloaded one of the 2.3.3 ones from the link you posted, applied it through bootstrap it says successfull, I reboot and nothing is changed? Market still the same.

I tried 2 different ones in the thread with the same result :/. Any ideas? On apex 1.41 if it makes a difference.

Im using Apex 1.4.1 and in previous post I reported that you will have to install apk with Root Explorer to get it to work...

1. Extract downloaded Zip file
2. Copy Vending.apk from Market_2.3.3_Version Differ\system\app into system/app on device.
3. Change permission to below..
6666d1298567275-new-latest-market-2-3-2-2-3-3-black-update-released-cap201102241106.jpg

Worked on my device...
attachment.php

upgradde

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I had to reboot into recovery and mount. Then it installed. I also have the Market Updater frozen in Titanium Backup. But then again I'm not sure I flased the 2.3.3. But its there with no issues. Hope that helps. On a side note, does anybody notice a battery drain with it installed?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I had to reboot into recovery and mount. Then it installed. I also have the Market Updater frozen in Titanium Backup. But then again I'm not sure I flased the 2.3.3. But its there with no issues. Hope that helps. On a side note, does anybody notice a battery drain with it installed?

I didn't think of using the mount option, I just installed with root explorer... Now as for battery life there is no reason to notice any difference because app just access market and does not effect any other part of system.

upgradde

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I also loaded a blacked out GMail and a black Dolphin HD theme. Still wouldn't know why those would have a adverse effect. Funny thing is I loaded those through root explorer. Renamed the old one to .bak and moved the new file over. Wouldn't work for the Market though.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I also loaded a blacked out GMail and a black Dolphin HD theme. Still wouldn't know why those would have a adverse effect. Funny thing is I loaded those through root explorer. Renamed the old one to .bak and moved the new file over. Wouldn't work for the Market though.

Did you change files permission after coping over because it worked for me without issues? Do you care to share a black gMail and Dolphin apk?

upgradde

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt