Video won't play

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys

So opening the stock camera, I slide the slider over to video record, which works fine and when I press stop, it slides it down to the little box(Gallery). I tap it to open the video, and I get the Moto stock error message, Sorry this video cannot be played. So I go to menu, details and it all looks legit including that its an mp4 but the location is unknown. Now I downloaded a mp4 video off the net and it works fine as long as I go into my Gallery and select to play it from there. Why wont videos taken with the camcorder play? Also under Applications, Manage Applications, All, I dont even see a video camera, video, or recorder in that list to try to clear any caches. Puzzling to me. I did a forum search and after 20 pages, gave up and posted. Thanks for any ideas and help.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It should be listed as Camcorder in the applications menus.

Not sure why your videos won't play though.

Yea I checked. Camera is there but not Camcorder. I even brought up SystemApp Delete to make sure I didn't delete it by mistake but it isnt there either nor in that apps' log.

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, I just looked and could not find the camcorder in the manage Apps menu either. My guess is that the cache and data is tied in with the camera app then.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Very interesting. Hmm so then maybe an external .mp4 capable app is my next route cuz my video collection is growing. Let's see who else has thoughts.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The issue is because Liberty ROM is a blurless rom and just because the BlueGallery and BlurCamera has been placed back in rom there is still files related to the BlurPlayer are missing to make it function correctly, this is why I cant do a Blureless rom.

Reactions: jerseyboy357

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ohhhhhh very interesting. What would you suggest as a media player then for this blur/blur-less ver. of Liberty? I view an assortment of files from mp4 to avi to even mkv

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Ohhhhhh very interesting. What would you suggest as a media player then for this blur/blur-less ver. of Liberty? I view an assortment of files from mp4 to avi to even mkv

I use Meridian Player to play all my videos, but I am using Apex 1.4.1 which is the best of both worlds for me because the rom is close to blureless but is a blur rom because all blur apps I prefer is installable from Toolbox.. But lately the developer site to update apps has been having issues.

Free Version
https://market.android.com/details?id=org.iii.romulus.meridian&feature=search_result

Full Version

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.iii.romulus.meridian.proverifier&feature=search_result

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Meridian didnt work at all. Wouldnt see the video files I had on my SD.

Just to update so far only A1 Player will play mp4's for me. When I tap an avi file it gets an error. Work ongoing..

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I was having video issues after loading Liberty my first go around. I wasn't on the most up to date kernel from moto before loading the new ROM. Make sure you are on kernel .340 before you flash liberty. I would sbf .340 with rsdlite and go from there.

techjpo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I was having similar problems with the new Rubix ROM, Rock Player lite seems to have solved it. I can now see all of the videos I took with my phone's video camera.

techjpo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I also had the 3d gallery, which I hated. I just followed the advice from DigitalSlacker on another post (Mostly Hate Blur) and switched to the 2d gallery and bingo, my stock video player is now playing my videos too.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
To update this thread and close it out, I now have NO issues playing videos on my X since I installed GB. It will immediately play any video I take with the stock camcorder, and it will play any file type I dl from an app or the Internet itself such as mp3, avi, mp4 etc. Oh this is relieving. Time for movie watching at work!