RSD Lite Optional Solution for Vista/WIN 7 Users

DroidnOk

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
MODS/ADMIN's: PLEASE FEEL FREE AS USUAL TO MOVE/MERGE THIS TO A BETTER SECTION/THREAD IF IT ALREADY EXISTS :)

Are you having issues with RSD Lite's "start' button being greyed out even though you have the device highlighted, proper drivers installed, and SBF file opened? I was the other day when I attempted to SBF my Droid X so I could sell it after purchasing the T-Bolt.

After many trial's and errors I came across this post found here: Trouble flashing with RSD lite in Vista/Windows 7 - Mobile Modding.us. Or you can follow these instructions which I copied from the site mentioned above:

This is for all those people who are having trouble flashing with RSDlite in Vista & WIndows 7.

If I am right, RSD lite does not seem to recognize the sbf file after you select it and instead the "start" button remains grayed out.

If that's the case, here the solution:
I had a similar problem and sucessfully used the command line parameters for RSDlite to force a flash. I managed to get a signed/unsigned firmware installed.

You need to copy the firmware you want to flash into the RSDlite directory in your program files folder.
Make sure you are in bootloader mode first.
Then, open command prompt and "cd" to the RSDlite directory

eg:

> cd C:\
> cd Program Files (some may need to add (x86) on the end of "Program Files" depending on the location of your "motorola" folder)
> cd motorola
> cd RSDlite
>

now for the flashing type:

> SDL.exe -f xxxx.sbf -t 2

where xxxx.sbf is the firmware you are flashing to the phone.
flashing will begin shortly afterwards.

Note: I take no credit for this. Credit goes to "kleo22". I just thought this would be nice to share in case some are having issues :)

Last edited:

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes RSDLite does not want to work depending on where the SBF file is located. This has happened to me before where the start button is grayed out. To fix this i simply moved the file, from say downloads folder to the root of C: drive, or to my desktop. And that seems to get it to work afterwards.

DroidnOk

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes RSDLite does not want to work depending on where the SBF file is located. This has happened to me before where the start button is grayed out. To fix this i simply moved the file, from say downloads folder to the root of C: drive, or to my desktop. And that seems to get it to work afterwards.

I didn't even ever think to try that. Thanks for the heads up. Like I said in the OP, this is just another option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2