rooting problem...please help!!

lions80

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
so i was previously running liberty 1.5 on my dx. I wiped everything in order to go to the rooted gingerbread leak. Got stuck in a boot loop, wiped the cache and the did a factory reset to get out of it. Now i am trying to root using z4root, but it doesn't work. It goes thru the program, but never confirms that it is rooted. Any ideas on how i can get my phone rooted so i can upgrade to the gingerbread leak? I have been trying all day. I even tried flashing the sbf, but that was giving me problems too. It always failed immediately before doing anything.Not having my phone rooted is killing me.

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Restart your computer and try sbf'ing again. RSD can be picky at times. After sbf'ing do a data/cache wipe and reboot.

You may have to run z4 a couple times before gaining root. Sometimes a reboot helps after running z4 if it doesn't take the first time.

Mike Porter

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes a reboot helps after running z4 if it doesn't take the first time.

I concur. First time I ran z4 it just never stopped. I figured it crashed and rebooted. After the reboot I checked my app drawer for the the Super User app and it was there. Hope the reboot works for you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mike Porter

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
One other thing. I was running Liberty and just flashed GB like any other rom. Did you choose the unrooted GB?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

lions80

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
i got it all worked out. Thanks. I ended up having to download unbunto (not sure that is spelled right), then no problems flashing in sbf. I guess flashing spf on a windows 7 computer is hit or miss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs