CRT GB screen animation from XDA-developers

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Installed without a hitch, who knew turning off the screen would be so enjoyable lol. Really adds more pizzazz lol.

In a nutshell, it's awesome XD.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
So if you want to remove this, how would you go about doing it easily?

Since its an edit to the framework I would make a backup to flash or before you load this using root explorer copy the framework-res.apk file to sd card. Then if you want it back stock just copy paste the saved framework and change permission to read write and it will be back to stock.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: miamifin33

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Since its an edit to the framework I would make a backup to flash or before you load this using root explorer copy the framework-res.apk file to sd card. Then if you want it back stock just copy paste the saved framework and change permission to read write and it will be back to stock.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

That's what I figured. Thanks TNT

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Through trial and epic failure I discovered earlier this week that this wont work with Froyo. Serves me right for not researching properly.

Edit: to further clarify, wherever I initially saw this posted (DroidXForums, i think) did not mention this was a GB specific feature.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
It would be awesome if someone could modify this and have an "on" effect as well. Basically just reverse the animation and have it play when you bring the phone up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech