Having issues with GB Leak and cant sbf back to .340 need help please.

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
I flashed the deodexed pre rooted gb leak and have had nothing but problems since flashing it and now i wish to got back to stock using sbf but for some strange reason my droid x is not being seen by rsd lite. I have installed all the appropiate drivers and followed procedure to the letter as far as what i can see on the thread about reverting from leaked gb to .340 based rom and still no luck. Ive googled til my fingers are sore and still no luck. any insight as to what i am doing wrong or what i could do to remedy this situation would be greatly appreciated. for some strange reason i dont have super user access any more and i cant boot into recovery mode either. im running windows 7 64bit edition. if any other info is needed just let me know as ill be around here all day til i can fix this problem. thanks in advance.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You have rebooted your PC after installation of drivers? Do you have any nandroids? What did you flash the deodexed GB over?

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
You have rebooted your PC after installation of drivers? Do you have any nandroids? What did you flash the deodexed GB over?
Yes i did reboot pc after installation. I did a nandroid before flashing to leaked pre rooted gb but i cant get into recovery for some reason. Flashed over stock .340 ota rom, rooted of course. For some reason i dont have super user access any more and cant boot into recovery either just stays on exclamation sign and does nothing else.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
For RSD Lite to detect the device... Are you sure you are in bootloader mode? Hold down the volume down and camera button, then press and hold the power button. The bootloader screen is black and it says bootloader and version at the top, then in the middle, it says stuff like Battery OK, OK to Program, USB mode, etc.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
What version of RSD Lite are you using? I flashed my X 2 times a couple days ago with RSD Lite 4.9 with the .340 full sbf file with no problems.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Yep got those. The pc sees the phone and i can do everything and anything with the exception of using rsd lite.

When you initially plug your phone in and I'm gonna assume you turned on USB Debugging (which might actually cause another problem being that you need the D2 bootstrap for usb debugging to work on gingerbread but we might be getting ahead of ourselves here..) you get 4 choices of usb modes here, Pc Mode, Windows Media Sync, USB MAss Storage, and Charge Only. You want to be on PC mode for RSD to see your phone.
What seems to have happened here in your case is that you went ahead and flashed the deodexed version of Gingerbread BEFORE flashing the RooTEd version...BIG NO NO.

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
When you initially plug your phone in and I'm gonna assume you turned on USB Debugging (which might actually cause another problem being that you need the D2 bootstrap for usb debugging to work on gingerbread but we might be getting ahead of ourselves here..) you get 4 choices of usb modes here, Pc Mode, Windows Media Sync, USB MAss Storage, and Charge Only. You want to be on PC mode for RSD to see your phone.
What seems to have happened here in your case is that you went ahead and flashed the deodexed version of Gingerbread BEFORE flashing the RooTEd version...BIG NO NO.
So what can I do to fix this? Yes flashed the deodexed gb leak before rooted gb leak. Didnt know that this couldnt be done of course.

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes I did flash the deodexed before rooted but i did not know that i couldnt do this. is there anything i can do to fix this?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes I did flash the deodexed before rooted but i did not know that i couldnt do this. is there anything i can do to fix this?

I don't remember the actual sequence to get the rsd to take but try this after you power down/or battery pull, hold down the camera button, down volume button, and then press the power button, your rsd should see your phone then and make sure you got the sbf file loaded up in RSD. If that don't work reverse the order in how you push them buttons....whew...good luck man, We've ALL been there, nothing to be ashamed about, you've been initiated to the Rom/Hack world, now do us proud and sbf that baby!

Reactions: acstewart82

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember the actual sequence to get the rsd to take but try this after you power down/or battery pull, hold down the camera button, down volume button, and then press the power button, your rsd should see your phone then and make sure you got the sbf file loaded up in RSD. If that don't work reverse the order in how you push them buttons....whew...good luck man, We've ALL been there, nothing to be ashamed about, you've been initiated to the Rom/Hack world, now do us proud and sbf that baby!
Thanks imma give it a shot and report back asap.

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
I power the phone down and hook it up to my pc via the usb cable and the phone automatically just powers back up before i can even try to put it into bootloader mode. Any ideas as what to do next?

towusop

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I had similar trouble because I did not wipe my cache and data before installing GB. I was never able to make RSD lite work for me and found the linux method for flashing an SBF a lot easier. Directions can be found here. Just substitute the file name for the one you wish to flash.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12