For some reason my camera button just quit. Anybody know of a way to get to my backups. Its still under warranty but don't want to take it back to store rooted

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    04-03-2011 08:11 PM
    You don't need the camera button to take a photo ... there's an on-screen "button" that works just as well.

Is there another function for the camera button?
    04-08-2011 04:22 PM
    I believe you can get your X into bootloader mode by powering down, then hold down both vol up/down keys, then hold power button. Then you can flash the .340 sbf file using RSD Lite to return your X to stock, out of the box condition:

RoOoLeR's Guide ROOT / UNROOT / BACKUP / ROM / SBF / OVERCLOCK
    04-08-2011 04:38 PM
    {...}

Is there another function for the camera button?
    To get into bootloader so you can SBF back to stock unrooted. But the above post says maybe you don't need it...so maybe not...
    04-08-2011 04:46 PM
    To get into bootloader so you can SBF back to stock unrooted. But the above post says maybe you don't need it...so maybe not...
    Yeah, the OP can also try the app Quick Boot. It has a boot into Bootloader option, but it doesn't work on my X running the leaked GB, not sure if it works on 2.2 froyo.

Edit: According to post #6 in this thread, the volume buttons + power should work in both froyo and gingerbread:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...ack-stock.html
    04-08-2011 05:01 PM
    I believe you can get your X into bootloader mode by powering down, then hold down both vol up/down keys, then hold power button. Then you can flash the .340 sbf file using RSD Lite to return your X to stock, out of the box condition:

RoOoLeR's Guide ROOT / UNROOT / BACKUP / ROM / SBF / OVERCLOCK
    Shoot didn't think about that. Thanks

04-08-2011 05:36 PM
    For some reason my camera button just quit. Anybody know of a way to get to my backups. Its still under warranty but don't want to take it back to store rooted

Turn your phone off then with a q tip soaked w/ a little alcohol clean it out as best u can, because its alcohol it'll dry up quick, start er up and have it. Let us know if this works por favor.
    04-08-2011 06:59 PM
    I actually took my chances and took it back. The rep looked kinda funny at me when he pulled the battery out to check for water damage and it booted up in clockworks, but he replaced it with no questions. Thanks for the suggestions!

04-08-2011 09:50 PM
    haha that musta been an awkward moment for him. Cuz if Verizon is so good he woulda caught that. Or he thought better of it cuz his is probably rooted too.
    04-08-2011 10:10 PM
    @rgray331975
    But you might want to watch your bill because Verizon has been known to surprise the owner with a charge for a new device. I have a friend that has experience this already so it can happen...

Just heads up.. Because your situation is real clear.
    04-09-2011 02:42 AM
    Hey this was the guy they was following the other day at walmart , hmmm
    04-09-2011 01:43 PM
    Can't believe the OP took the phone in rooted when people gave him the advice and tools to sbf back to stock.
    04-09-2011 02:16 PM
    I think the OP actually took it back in on Apr.3rd before any answers to his question was posted tho

sent using TaPaTaLk
    04-09-2011 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD