How to SBF back to stock

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
How to SBF your Droid X (back to stock)

* I am not liable for any damages that you incur to your device. These instructions have no malicious intent, and i will try to help with any problems that arise.

Things that will be needed
* RSDlite v4.9 download here:
* Motorola Drivers download here:
* Droid X 2.3.340 download here
* Droid X
* micro USB cable

Setup steps:
1) open and install RSDlite
2) install motorola drivers to your windows computer, Instructions here if needed:
3) move ?Verizon Motorola Droid X.sbf? to your desktop for easy access. notice it should be a .sbf file and not a .zip so extract the .sbf

attention optional: reboot your PC to make sure the drivers are all ready to go

Steps to SBF
4) Open RSDlite
5) Connect Droid X to PC using the micro USB cable
****in PC mode (from Notifications bar under USB connnections)
****with USB debugging mode on (from settings, applications, development, then check usb debugging)

note: in your notifications bar you should see to notifications, one for usb connection and another for usb debugging mode

6) allow your device to sit connected for up to 15 min. if RSDlite doesn?t see your device immediately.
7) select the ?...? button next to the filename text feid to browse for the .sbf on your desktop.
8) select the Verizon Droid X .sbf file you downloaded and placed on your desktop.
9) select start and allow RSDlite to run fully to completion. ~ 10 - 30min.
10) your device may bootloop continuously when RSDlite finishes, if so you?ll need to wipe data and cache.
11) bull battery and replace it.
12) enter recovery by holding power and home.
13) when the android guy with a caution triangle around him appears click press either (power and volume down, or power and volume up, or volume up and down) [sorry about that i cant remember which one it is off hand] simultaneously until the blue menu fonts appear.
14) use the volume down button to hover over ?wipe data/ factory reset? and click the power button to select. then confirm your selection by following the commands.
15) then choose ?reboot system now?

and wallah, your device should reboot back to the official verizon wireless software and they wont be any wiser.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Instead of using PC Mode on your X, you can also put your X into Bootloader by powering off, hold down volume down + camera button, then press down the power button. RSD Lite should detect the device when it is in bootloader mode.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If your on GingerBread tho its not the camera button,, its the volume buttons while holding power button :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the leaked/rooted/deodexed GB rom and the volume down + camera + power button puts my X into bootloader.

I am too , the power button and holding both volume buttons at same time work as well to get you in bootloader. ;).
I found camera button does too since last post so on GB there are 2 ways .

holysnikey

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem the other day when I was running a virtual machine on my Mac of Win XP. I never solved it but I did put it on my father's Windows 7 laptop and it automatically updated drivers and picked it up right away and then it was as simple as 2 clicks. I recommend trying to use Windows 7 if you can because it can automatically do all drivers and what not.

Reactions: ti2grrr

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol