im getting dual notifications for text messaging. Im running juiced and deodexed 2.3. I have no 3rd party messaging app. I froze Social Messaging and Social Sharing thru Titanium. Notification settings under messaging is set how I want. Who knows how to stop this?
    04-09-2011 04:15 PM
    You dont by chance have sms chat installed... it the only app that I can think of that has a notification option also other than 3rd party email apps like K9 and Handcent.

Another way to figure which app is doing this is to send yourself a message and then you should have to notifications and when you open them they will go to the app to allow a responded.. one you do this you should have the other apps name.
    04-09-2011 05:34 PM
    Yes I did try to txxt myself and all it is is a notification in the bar and when u tap it, nothinng happens, u have to hit the red button and it goes away. And no I dont have any kind of messaging app installed. Whatever this build came with. It did come stock w social messaging which I dont use and Social Sharing which I dont use either i still froze them just in case.
    04-09-2011 05:57 PM
    im getting dual notifications for text messaging. Im running juiced and deodexed 2.3. I have no 3rd party messaging app. I froze Social Messaging and Social Sharing thru Titanium. Notification settings under messaging is set how I want. Who knows how to stop this?
    You know, my husband is having the same problem on his X and he is running stock, barebones, unrooted froyo. (I've been bugging him to root but he doesn't really care about his phone much) If anyone figures this out, it'd be cool to know. Apparently it's not a root/rom issue then. (Or app, obviously)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    04-09-2011 06:37 PM
    Well it didn't do it to me before. Just started after this lastest re-install of everything. It must be a setting somewhere I just haven't found yet. The envelope looks diffferent too which made me think it was those social messaging apps but that hasnt changed anything. I now have Sheldon saying "Bazinga" twice now,lol

Update: In this gb build, theres Messaging.apk(the problem one) and Text Messaging.apk(the regular one). I went into Titanium, froze Messaging.apk, that didnt work. I Titanium deleted messaging.apk and that hasnt worked either. Still goin off twice
    04-09-2011 06:43 PM
    This actually just started happening to him recently too and I'm wondering if it's an update to something specifically. It's bugging me that I can't figure it out also. It would be nice if the damn thing was at least clickable so I could see where it takes me.

04-09-2011 06:59 PM
    This actually just started happening to him recently too and I'm wondering if it's an update to something specifically. It's bugging me that I can't figure it out also. It would be nice if the damn thing was at least clickable so I could see where it takes me.

Agreed. Kinda annoying now. Im still googling but not finding much concerning this GB build
    04-09-2011 07:05 PM
    can you post a screen shot? This may help with identifying the issue.

Oh yeah.. did you freeze Market updater and reinstalled Black Market like I reported with any luck?

Sorry. If it was a snake I would be bit. Just notice shot in first post..
    04-09-2011 07:59 PM
    I have two screenshots attached on my OP

I did try the market thing again with no change.
    04-09-2011 08:06 PM
    I have two screenshots attached on my OP

I did try the market thing again with no change.
    Has to be something different on market thing mine is still black and all I did was disable the updater...

Now as for the icon that looks kind of like Handcents Messaging appear icon, that's strange.... Your device is choosing to no some unique things.
    04-09-2011 08:16 PM
    Maybe my gf was right, Judgement Day(T2 version) is upon us. They are changing android messaging preferences from Skynet thats why I cant get to a solution
    04-09-2011 08:21 PM
    Found It!!!! Its SMS Chat, I know I seen that icon.. Check you app drawer for SMS Chat and see if its installed.

Check out third notification also icon from top in screen shot.
    04-09-2011 08:27 PM
    Don't have that app /cry o
    Oh well...hopefully will figure out eventually!

04-09-2011 08:39 PM
    Don't have that app /cry o
    Oh well...hopefully will figure out eventually!

Ok that is strange, I have all app that produces their own notification. that I can think of and SMs Chat is the only one using that icon..

Do Do Do Do Do, you have just entered the Twilight Zone....
    04-09-2011 08:45 PM
    did you go into the text messaging app and uncheck "notifications" ?
    04-09-2011 09:23 PM
    Well this is my particular solution:

I set my notification sound under settings clickie>sound. Then tapped the dock messaging icon, went into settings, disabled notifications.
    Now I get ONE audible tone, the funky icon up top(when pulled down and alert tapped, it closes the notification bar leaving the icon up top. Must tap red circle next to the alert to make it go away). So I just tap the messaging icon and I can get into the list of ppl that have sent me messages, with the name highlighted in blue of newest sent.

Yet I should be able to get the normal icon up top, one audible, drag the bar down, click it and be taken right to the message. Maybe there is a rogue app somewhere that is changing this. It will take a while but I'm going to read all the abilities of my running apps. See if I can dig up something there.
    04-09-2011 09:40 PM
    I never did manage to find what was causing it either but I managed to convince my husband to root and install the GB leak today so that took care of the problem anyway...at least for now!

04-10-2011 12:23 AM
    That says alot when it started for me while I am on the GB leak and you were un-rooted froyo
    04-10-2011 12:48 AM
    That says alot when it started for me while I am on the GB leak and you were un-rooted froyo
    Yeah no kidding, I haven't had the issue on GB myself, but he had mentioned it to me a few days ago and then I saw your post and I was like wtf does your unrooted froyo and custom GB have in common

Still curious, let me know if you ever figure out what it was!

04-10-2011 01:11 AM
    The icon on the far left can also be found in Handcent.
    04-11-2011 07:47 AM
    The icon on the far left can also be found in Handcent.
    Yes theres been a few apps now we have found with this icon as a option yet I have none of them installed on my phone. I just chocked it up to having a unique GB build,lol
    04-11-2011 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD