New Gingerbread OTA leak

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, installing the first zip in Bootstrapper now. I swear, SBFing gets easier every time. It used to make me terrified, and now I know when I bootloop to just wipe data. I used to be so afraid to brick. Damn my Android addiction! At least no class tomorrow :)

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
ladies and gentleman...I have root. And with that, I say thank you to all again, p3droid, and to all a good night.

20110414005132.jpg

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
ladies and gentleman...I have root. And with that, I say thank you to all again, p3droid, and to all a good night.

20110414005132.jpg

Nice! Way to go Jerseyboy. I just finished mine here too. Fab and Jrummy was just about to release Apex/Liberty Gingerbread Roms and then this happened..lol. We'll have to wait another 2 weeks it seems like. It'll be worth it!

Reactions: jerseyboy357

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine just finished too! Endless app downloading commencing...I'm a little sad though because Quickclock Advanced doesn't recognize my phone :( Back to Droid Overclock for now until they make another spoof zip I suppose!

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine just finished too! Endless app downloading commencing...

Did you not see in the instructions that if you made a backup before installing this Gingerbread, then you could just do an advanced restore of data only in clockwork? That's what I did. After I installed the three files, I restored the data, and then my phone booted up with all the apps and data already there.

I love it. I'm totally ready to go without having to reinstall everything all over again for a change.

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I saw, but I was running BlurryBread before, and that changed some things, and I didn't know for sure if it would mess with the new leak, so I decided better safe than sorry. It's not that big of a deal to me to redownload stuff anyway, just in case there's some compatibility issue with the backup. I ended up having to do a data wipe anyway since I had a sync problem, so...meh.

I'm sad though because none of my overclock apps are working yet =( I'm sure jrummy will put out an update super soon, but opening up his app forces my phone to reboot and quickclock advanced won't even show up in the market for me. Hopefully a fix soon! :) Either way I'm happy.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I was running BlurryBread, but then I reverted back to stock Froyo before installing the new rooted Gingerbread. The data restoral worked just fine for me, thank god.

Quickclock Advanced is working on my phone, fwiw...

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I was running BlurryBread, but then I reverted back to stock Froyo before installing the new rooted Gingerbread. The data restoral worked just fine for me, thank god.

Quickclock Advanced is working on my phone, fwiw...

Hmm, well maybe in the a.m. I'll wipe data and give it a shot. Sleepy for now :) Edit: just decided to go ahead and do it quick (made a new extra backup just in case) and it worked fine, so thanks for the tip! And you were right, QC is indeed working. Problem solved!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from my gig. Played to a packed house and all I could think about was getting home and knocking this out. Ha - I have a problem.

Flashing SBF in RSD Lite now. Had to update to 4.9 (haven't bricked in a while) and reinstall the Windows 64-bit drivers on Wifey's PC (I use Macs), but I am off an running. Now to Root w/Z4, install D2 Bootstrapper, and start getting the 3 GB files. Will post results.

EDIT: I'm stuck - When I try to download any of the required three files from any of the mirrors, it will pop up in the notification drop down as ongoing then never start, just go for a while as untitled. Then it'll stop and say "download unsuccessful". When I tap on this I get a pop up that says, "Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone.". Anyone else seeing this? How do I get around it? I've already enabled apps from third parties for Z4 Root.

UPDATE: Did some research and thje problem turned out to be the stock browser. I installed Dolphin HD and -boom- success. Installed all three packages this morning, did a restore from TB, and I'm up and running on the new GB build. Sweet!

Last edited:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if all the Gingercomb Juice 2.3 theme stuff and the extras+CRT animation packages will install on this like we had with the first release...remember these things Wildman was gracious enough to put together. I miss that flashy honeycomb boot anim. Only one way to find out. Buckle up!

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if all the Gingercomb Juice 2.3 theme stuff and the extras+CRT animation packages will install on this like we had with the first release...remember these things Wildman was gracious enough to put together. I miss that flashy honeycomb boot anim. Only one way to find out. Buckle up!

I was curious if Gingercomb Juice would work on the new leaked GB as well .I havent flashed the new leaked yet but have all the files needed.Probably be the weekend til I do , unless there is another GB out by then , lol :cool:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I got Wildman's juiced 3.2 theme running, the sexy Honeycomb boot anim works, and the extras+CRT.zip works as well! Good to go. Finally. Thats it no more GB updating! (ugly screenshot cuz im still workin on it)

20110414093359.jpg

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I must have missed the post for root for GB V. OTA 4.5.588?? Can someone share the link for me...

Never mind found it...

flowersnfog

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
guidance please?

supreme newbie here... never flashed, never SBF'd, but i am a software engineer and have been reading alot of the DX threads. so my question is: what is the simplest way to get from stock Froyo no root to the newest GB with root? i should have everything i need (rsdlite, rom manager, d2 bootstrap, etc) and think i know the path, but would like to hear from somebody with experience. thanks for helping a newcomer who is anxious to jump in. :p

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
supreme newbie here... never flashed, never SBF'd, but i am a software engineer and have been reading alot of the DX threads. so my question is: what is the simplest way to get from stock Froyo no root to the newest GB with root? i should have everything i need (rsdlite, rom manager, d2 bootstrap, etc) and think i know the path, but would like to hear from somebody with experience. thanks for helping a newcomer who is anxious to jump in. :p

You forgot z4root (its an app that roots the phone Google it). Its the easiest way to root stock froyo. Then goto the post above to get files, go into bootstraper(Clockwork Recovery), make a back up. Then install files through clockwork recovery exactly how the thread says to do it.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
i should have everything i need (rsdlite, rom manager, d2 bootstrap, etc) and think i know the path, but would like to hear from somebody with experience.

Make sure you know how to SBF back to stock (how to get to the bootloader screen, which bootloader you have, which files you need, what a bootloop is and what to do if you encounter one, etc.) using the correct files before rooting.

flowersnfog

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
yeah.. not being rooted is what I was worried about. i have z4root as well so now i understand. probably won't try until tonight but i am sure all will turn out fine. thanks for the info.

astraelraen

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I got Wildman's juiced 3.2 theme running, the sexy Honeycomb boot anim works, and the extras+CRT.zip works as well! Good to go. Finally. Thats it no more GB updating! (ugly screenshot cuz im still workin on it)]

What is that battery widget you have that displays the battery as a circle? How did you get it in the notification area?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance