Restore data without Root Access

dcusick1

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. I had Froyo rooted on my X. Then installed the leaked rooted Gingerbread, last week. Now that the "official" version is out, I would like to be able to SBF back to Froyo, and then install the update. I know that the new version of GB has technically been rooted, but I would prefer to wait to root until z4Root comes out, or something similar. This way, I could unroot in the future, if necessary...

My question is this.. If I SBF to stock Froyo, and then install the new un-rooted GB build, how can I restore my game data? I have backups with Titanium Backup, but that requires root to run and restore... Any ideas?

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
This build is not "official." It's just another leak like we had a number of weeks ago. A rooted version is available. You need to be on 2.3.340 (Froyo) or the previous Gingerbread leak 4.5.573, which it sounds like that's what you have.

The instructions are a bit more lengthy and require installing of 3 separate files. I'd make sure to follow the instructions carefully. If you don't understand any part of the process, it would probably be in your phone's best interest to be patient and wait.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63