The Perfect Step by Step guide to updating to rooted Gingerbread

tlane01

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Only comment i might have, is that if you are having issues getting RSDLite to recognize your phone or flash it, if you have access to linux use sbf_flash. It "just works" for flashing a phone. i plug it in and run the command. That simple.

I am going to go from the GB leak to GB OTA rooted tonight.

Last edited:

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I went from the unrooted gingerbread to the rooted gingerbread using this guide. Took me a few times though. I kept getting stuck in the red logo. I finally tried formatting the SD card, went through the whole procedure again, and it worked. Rooted Gingerbread. Great thread.

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to start a new thread asking for help as all of the part 1 files I got from MDW would not work on my phone. I've sbf'd probably 20 time sin the last 24 hours trying every trick I could think of to get this to work.

I downloaded the files from that link and it seems to be working just fine now. I'm on step 2 now so we'll see...

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
You can freeze them or un-install them w Titanium Back Up. Or just delete them with SystemApp remover. I would say freeze w Titanium and delete if they still give u issues.

Reactions: mongo 1980

papadonna

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I must say this is a good guide....could have used a lil more detail for polished noobs such as myself but I got thru it. Anyone who hasnt used this method take note that you need to hold down the camera button and volume not the power and home lol. And as far as z4root...if its steady spinning pull the battery...matter of fact pull the battery before you install z4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo