Tutorial Question

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Could anyone point me toward a good tutorial for using ADB and installing a Latinime.apk file? I'd like to install the correctly-sized GB keyboard from Rubix Focused (which for some reason does not exist on the internet in any other manner, shape or form that I can find) and need a good lesson. Unless anyone has an .apk or flashable .zip that is! :) Thanks in advance!

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Could anyone point me toward a good tutorial for using ADB and installing a Latinime.apk file? I'd like to install the correctly-sized GB keyboard from Rubix Focused (which for some reason does not exist on the internet in any other manner, shape or form that I can find) and need a good lesson. Unless anyone has an .apk or flashable .zip that is! :) Thanks in advance!

Heres an old link I found awhile back. I wouldn't follow everything to the T but just grab what you think is useful ...

"First off, you will need to set up ADB. Yes I'm going to show you how to do this too If you've ever plugged your phone into your PC running android 2.2 you should already have the drivers from your phone installed. If not, Connect your phone to your PC with USB Debugging OFF. Start on PC Mode, and let the phone install ALL software in EACH USB setting. (PC mode, media mode, USB mass storage mode, Charging only mode) One of those will prompt you to install a new version of Moto connect. The lastest version you have should be 1.1.31. Once the new version of MotoConnect installs, go in and ENABLE USB debugging in the development tab under Applications in the Settings menu. (all this while the phone is still connected to your PC!) With Debug mode enabled, go back through your connection options (PC mode, media sync, usb mass storage, charging mode) again and make sure the driver "ADB interface" installs from the phone! When complete you will see the windows "your software is installed correctly and ready to use". Now, on to the fun part!

1. Download the Android SDK .zip Here
2. Unzip this folder and copy the "platform-tools" folder
3. Place the "platform-tools" folder on the root of your C:\ drive
4. You now have access to adb! Congrats! (that wasn't so hard was it??)

To test this, with the phone connected to the PC (always with debug mode on), launch a command prompt. To do this,
1. Start, "run"
2. Type, "cmd" this will bring up a DOS window! Yay! Almost done!
3. Enter your ADB path, which if you put it where I said will be, cd C:\platform-tools
4. from C:\platform-tools, type ADB
5. if you got a giant list of executables, your ADB is all set up!"
Changing the "Verizon Wireless" lockscreen text

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Oh sweet that should get me started at least and I can figure out the rest. Thank you! I might see if I can do the same in Linux with Terminal after I do this on Windows since to this day I have never successfully gotten my desktop to recognize my phone in Windows properly, no matter what fixes I try. I'll do this on the laptop at least though :)

Thanks again!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon