force 1x

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
anyone know how to force 1x on gingebread? OTHER than dialing the #info stuff?

for some reason i get very spotty 3g at work and very slow speeds (almost to the point of not being able to do anything.
it would take 5-10 minutes just to pull up 1 web page.

I found out when the phone switches to 1x, i am able to get enough speed to do at least 1 task at a time (stream music, surf web. whatever)

the problem is it switch from 3g to 1x automatically. so while at work i'd like to force it to 1x and then back to 3g when i leave.

i think something changed in gingerbread though that prevents the usual shortcut ways of working.
I tried, but my screen just flashes and nothing happens.

so i was just wondering if anyone has this issue and if so what you did, if anything.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

for some reason i get very spotty 3g at work and very slow speeds (almost to the point of not being able to do anything.

I found out when the phone switches to 1x, i am able to get enough speed to do at least 1 task at a time (stream music, surf web. whatever)

the problem is it switch from 3g to 1x automatically. so while at work i'd like to force it to 1x and then back to 3g when i leave.

i think something changed in gingerbread though that prevents the usual shortcut ways of working.

so i was just wondering if anyone has this issue and if so what you did, if anything.

Other than rebooting your phone and/or using WiFI, not sure what else you can do.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Why would you want to force 1X? That is the slower transmission and I dont see how that will help you. Just cycle airplane mode off and back on or restart is usually a better solution.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Why would you want to force 1X? That is the slower transmission and I dont see how that will help you. Just cycle airplane mode off and back on or restart is usually a better solution.

I don't want it, it's just all that works.
apparently the 1x frequency has better penetration than the 3g at my work.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
it's a penetration problem. nobody at my work can get a good data signal. on any carrier. for some reason the 1x freqs make it through just enough

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair