GingerBreak Apk (Root)

papadonna

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Has any one tried the GingerBreak apk file to try and root GB on the droid x? I would like to root but im looking for a one click/z4root type app. Thanx

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I think if there were a one-click app that worked for Gingerbread on the X, we would have heard about it by now. The developers would have figured it out a while ago.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, at this point, if you haven't installed Gingerbread, it seems kind of silly to install unrooted Gingerbread & run this when you can just install Gingerbread already rooted, but hopefully the .apk works on the official OTA when it comes down (whenever that may be).

I did subscribe to the thread on XDA to follow it's progress though.

darthchaz

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Gingerbreak apk

I installed the apk on my unrooted .588 and it rooted with no issues. I did have to update superuser via titanium backup to get titanium to work. Awesome work from the guys at xda!:cool:

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, at this point, if you haven't installed Gingerbread, it seems kind of silly to install unrooted Gingerbread & run this when you can just install Gingerbread already rooted, but hopefully the .apk works on the official OTA when it comes down (whenever that may be).

I did subscribe to the thread on XDA to follow it's progress though.

I'm having an issue trying to find out where it is I need to go to find the GB update already rooted. I updated to GB a while back before there was any root access, SBF'd back down to Froyo & would like to head back on up to gingerbread. So if any of u guys can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I had no luck with Gingerbreak 1.0 when I tried to root earlier. Gingerbreak 1.1 (released a few days ago) works perfectly.

Yay, laziness.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
We will see May 10th. I'm wondering if they delayed the official release to see if it was rootable. And once they find out what can root it, they might patch it then release the official. Just something to think about.

sparhawke2000

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the apk and rooted without any issues. There's an updated version gingerbreak that allows you to unroot, and addresses some minor bugs. Quick and simple!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87