I need help with koushs bootstrap recovery...gingerbread .573 issues

lions80

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
i was going to upgrade to the new leaked version of gingerbread .595 today. I clicked on bootstrap recovery. Got a message stating success. Then i selected to reboot into recovery. The problem is, when the phone started to reboot, all it did was turn the LCD screen on. So what i mean is that i never got to the point of seeing boot logo, and after a few minutes there still wasnt a change. I tried booting into clockwork recovery as well with the same problem.

When i boot into regular recovery i see an option to install from sd card, but the .595 update wont install. Says the check failed.

Is there something that i am doing wrong here? Anyone have any tips for me? I could really use the help and i know that everyone on this forum is pretty helpful. Thanks!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
That sounds like you are already on Gingerbread and the issue is you are using the DROID X Bootstrap instead of the DROID 2 build, the DROID X version. will do just what you are describing.

Install DROID 2 Version to resolve this issue or temporarily disable debugging and DROID X version will work. BUT MAKE SURE TO INSTALL DROID 2 VERSION TO BE ABLE TO RUN RECOVERY UNDER A CRASH SITUATION.