sbf keeps failing, i dont know what im doing

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I am on gingerbread .588, and wanting to go back to stock froyo .340, im making sure the battery is above 80%, I have rsdlite 4.9, have the correct sbf file, then with phone powered off, hold down both volume buttons and press power button and bootloader 30.04 comes up, put lastest drivers on my computer, which is ten years old running windows xp, plug the phone in and it is getting recognized, open up rsdlite, click on the dotted button and find the sbf file and select .340, then click start.

It goes fine till it says "renumeration process" something like that, and after about minute and a half, comes up and says failed. What in the he'll am I doing wrong?

rpmm70

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
RSDLite can be a little picky about where the SBF file is located. Try putting it on the root of your C drive or in the RSDLite program folder.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

chevota84

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I had troubles with rsd so I used the linux method. You download the linux program onto a cd or flash drive and reboot your desktop with the cd. I've done it 5 or 6 times with no problems.

joelshooty

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I was having problems with SBF the other day (going from LexLite Gingeraid 4.4 back to stock Froyo) and the only way I could get RSD Lite 4.8 to complete the flash was to use 2.3.320 first and then flash 2.3.340 second. I don't know why it worked for me, but give it a try if none of the other recommendations work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy