Liberty Toolbox donate has destroyed my DX

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
A few days ago I purchased Liberty Toolbox and since attempting to use Liberty my phone is all but completely inoperable. For 2+ days 90% of the time I can not download apps from the Market. I can't SBF. I have tried 3 versions of RSD and two SBFs and nothing comes close to working. An SBF attempt does nothing more than a factory reset, except for the fact that not a damn thing changes except for the blue triangle letting me know I have to activate the phone. Yet when you dial *228 the phone freezes and a battery pull is needed. After 25+ SBF attempts nothing changes. The only way to make any progress is to run a reset in stock recovery, which does wipe the phone, although an SBF following the wipe restores the previous settings. Now after everything I can think of I am finally on Liberty from an 'SBF'. I updated to 2.0.1 and then downloaded the full v0.1 for Gingerbread and now the Market will not stop trying to download every app I have ever downloaded, including apps I haven't used in years that were never downloaded on this handset, plus I unchecked restore backups and back up my data. In addition, not one single app actually downloaded... NOT ONE! Each gets an error message.

Anyone who can help, please do. I need my phone to work and right now I cant get into any recovery screen to do anything and SBFs never worked.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
If an SBF isn't working my theory is that either the SBF file you downloaded wasn't correct or was corrupted or whatever you're using to flash the SBF isn't working. First I'd find another source for the stock Verizon SBF to see if that helps. Some people have had better luck with the Linux version running off a Live CD than with the Windows version, perhaps that's worth a shot?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
For one, you can tell google in the setup not to restore your apps. Sounds like if you can't get the SBF to work properly it could be a driver issue with your computer. If not that then it is likely a corrupted SBF file or you have the wrong one.

Also I really don't think the Liberty toolbox corrupted your phone. It was likely a series of steps you did which causes something to be wrong.

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
For one, you can tell google in the setup not to restore your apps. Sounds like if you can't get the SBF to work properly it could be a driver issue with your computer. If not that then it is likely a corrupted SBF file or you have the wrong one.

Also I really don't think the Liberty toolbox corrupted your phone. It was likely a series of steps you did which causes something to be wrong.

I guess I should say that I do love Liberty, and thats why I am working so hard to get it to work.

As for the issues, I have used this SBF file before with RSD Lite v4.8 on the same Windows laptop and it has always worked. I am pretty positive that there is some issue with the ROM manager in the toolbox because I have followed all the instructions word for word 3 full times now and each time new problems pop up, with the one consistent problem being that I can't download apps.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you have Droid 2 Bootstrap and the debugging option on? Try entering BS and wipe/factory and then restore from backup before restarting usually works for me..

If you cant get into Recovery, pull battery and press power button for 5 secs without battery in phone and then put in and power on, you should enter BS recovery.

Arikara

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I would try file 1KD STAZ 0.8. ISO I can't remember which link it is on, It works for me. I'm Running Liberty GB 0.5 and amazed. would like more wallpaper looks or screen shots???

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I finally got the phone working, although I'm not sure how. I tried 2 new SBF files with the same results and then finally got it to "take". When I rebooted the boot logos were all Liberty boot logos even though I had SBF'd the phone. I went into Factory recovery and did a factory reset and the phone appeared to be SBF'd properly, although I didnt have updates to some of the preinstalled apps that I thought should have (Gmail, Maps, etc). I went back to Liberty (lucky #7 attempt) and so far, so good. The only complaint I have now is my GPS is insanely slow. It takes about 5+ minutes to acquire an accurate signal, especially in Navigation. And the other complaint is that I can't Metamorph anything. I have tried about a dozen .zip's and so far the only thing that has taken was the 'available WiFi' icon (the WiFi signal icon didnt change, even though it was part of the same .zip).

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Do you have Droid 2 Bootstrap and the debugging option on? Try entering BS and wipe/factory and then restore from backup before restarting usually works for me..

If you cant get into Recovery, pull battery and press power button for 5 secs without battery in phone and then put in and power on, you should enter BS recovery.

So now that I'm up and running ish I can't mod much. They only Metamorph that worked was your VerifiedNumberBattery. Any idea why? Most Droid Pirate .zips worked on Gingerbread when I flashed it myself. Any ideas? Any other sites to get .zips?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
While I am not a liberty fan, I do believe one could jack their phone with it, as it is a powerful tool box. I won't buy in a million years that it would break the hardware.

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Once again my phone has been completely killed by Liberty. I think its long past time to give up on this once great ROM. I installed their newest leak today and followed the instructions exactly, including a wipe. When my phone came back I activated it as usual and began to download apps, except that they wouldnt download. I cant download anything in the market even though I have tried every trick to make it work. Finally I decided to try a factory reset, but it did not work. After trying it 3 times my phone never once reset. I have tried booting into stock recovery and clockwork recovery and when I try either it just boots the phone normally. Time to try and SBF and I'll just work without this no longer useful app.

Update: And as usual, SBF'ing doesn't really work. I am really pissed I paid money for this app. When I SBF'd everything Liberty was still on my phone. Time to try again.

Update 2: SBF'ing again, and while RSD spit out a "PASSED' the phone is stuck in (pre?) bootloop. The phone will not progress past the yellow fist and again clockwork recovery and stock recovery are impossible to get to. So impossible that when you hold down power + menu or home the boot logo appears and then the phone shuts down.

Update 3: SBF'd again, this time with a new SBF file and the same result. No recoverys, no boot up, no nothing... except the Liberty boot logo, even though I am SBF'ing, which I really would have thought would have replaced the boot logo, no?

Update 4 (aka SBF 4): The phone rebooted itself before the SBF was complete, but hey at least it got to the Liberty Eagle and so far it is in bootloop, but hey, that is progress.

Last edited: