Totally Frustrated....

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm curent running .595, upgraded to it using Gingerbreak and D2 Bootstrap, worked just fine.

Downloaded the latest updates, installed Clockwork will not reboot into Clockwork Recovery, click the link in the app and nothing happens. Tried D2 Boot Strap same thing, Click Bootstarp Recovery says "Success", click Reboot Recovery and nothing.......will not reboot into any of those recovery modes....

What the hell am I doing wrong???????

PM me if you don't want this tread to go out of whack.......everything I have seen on the forums has worked as said, until this one.......

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same problem and I hear that .595 won't root. Trying to figure out if there is anything I can do besides full sbf back.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
not sure but I rooted .595 with gingerbrake no issue did have to dl busy box from market. for op I would run gingerbrake again then check and verify you have rooted easy is a app called root checker it will tell u if your rooted after that that I would delete droid2 boot strap and re download it. and see what happens.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
ok let me ask are u upgrading to .596? if so which file? or are u trying .595? slightly confused

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Turned off usb debugging and rebooted....still no go.

Currently on .595 wanting to go to .596. On the page of downloads tried the first odexed file that appeared to be the rooted one you would load over your current version of gingerbread. loaded clockwork system says clockwork recovery is installed, pressed reboot option and nothing. Tried d2 bootstrap and still wont reboot into recovery.

Going to try to reload d2 boptstrap to see if that will help.

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
This morning I tried again as said above....

Turned USB Debugging back on, Ran Gingerbreak and it looked like it worked, ran through everything, did the auto-reboot.

Installed root checker, ran the app in Basic Mode, it said I was rooted, ran it in advanced mode and it said I wasn't rooted.

Installed busy box, but it says i'm not rooted.

Removed and re-installed D2 Bootstrapper, push Bootstrap Recovery, it says Success, Push Reboot Recovery and nothing.

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Guess i'm going to have to SBF back to 2.3.34...if I can find the download anywhere........really didn't want to do that but looks like the only option I got right now.

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks NewAge, going to give it a try this evening and see how it goes. At least there will be plenty of beer to keep me company.....:)

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
SBFed back to 2.3.34, ran z4root after 20 minutes still nothing so rebooted, had to SBF again because phone wouldn't go past red-eye. After that SBF I really wasn't worried about the root, updated to the signed standard version and everything went great.

Did hate that none of my apps from Market Place redownloaded, Amazon Apps had it all ready to go.....but at least I'm up and running and going good, had a 1678 on my Quadrant Score afterwords....

Thanks for all the help you guys are awsome......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon