Lot's of questions :p sorry

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I have been MIA from here for almost 9-11 months because of school and it seems like everything changed compared to the beginning. Despite being MIA my X happens to be running a pre-release gingerbread update. I saw somewhere that there are numbers like 2.3.32 or 2.3.340 and frankly I couldn't find anything.

Kernel Version:

2.6.32.9-g5a891f6
w30471@il93lnxdroid42#1

Build Number:

4.5.1_57_DX5-3

System Version:

4.5.573.MB810.Verizon.en.US

Anyways the whole point of this is because I want to update my X. Options I know are either going official or loading a custom. Has the bootloader been surpassed to load custom kernels? What would you do considering all the roms available and the recent OTA update? Should I SBF back to froyo to hack or update to official? I am pretty lost when it comes to all the development being done on the X. I tried looking at XDA to get an idea of my options would be but that made it even worse seeing how there are so many freaking ROMs that all seem very similar -__-. This lead to even more questions such as what is the most consistent/stable custom ROM available? Or even how should I root according to what I already have? If someone could answer the questions I have or at least point me in a DIRECT direction that would be great! Thank you!

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Well there are full ROMs available for Gingerbread just not .596(official) you can use either Liberty or Apex 2.0 (although apex is still in beta...but I use it it's awesome...total stock for the most part) If you want to just upgrade to the official software there are instructions in the forum here.

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So Apex vs Liberty pretty much? Has there been a root method for the newest official? Or would it be best to go to back to a froyo build then to a custom gingerbread build?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC