Rubix Focused 2.0.1 Users

techjpo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Fellow Rubix users- I have been using this ROM with zero issues and love it. Have any of you installed the new official Gingerbread(rooted)? If so, how is it. I have thought about loading it, but really can't see what I gain. Rubix is fast, zero bloat, and I keep wifi tether with zero issues. After being excited for gingerbread to drop, I am now questioning why I should switch. Feedback from those on this ROM would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Rubix is my favorite ROM, but I really like Gingerbread. It feels lightyears ahead of stock Froyo. If only we could get a full Rubix build based on the official Gingerbread OTA...

techjpo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
What is it that gingerbread is giving us. I had run one of the leaks and found it laggy and went back to Rubix. Are you running it stock? Is wifi tether(google) working? Thanks

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread is much a smoother and faster experience than Froyo, and Blur is much improved. I'm running it stock right now -- not even using ADW EX, which I usually use. I don't use wifi tethering. If they want, Verizon can tell if you're using it whether you're on Froyo or Gingerbread.

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Problem is....the dev for Rubix now has a Thunderbolt. I don't know if there will be a Rubix for .596. I wish there were, because it was my favorite ROM as well.

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Rubix ruled!! (IMO). I am running Liberty now, but before that I was running stock rooted GB. Rubix seem more smoother and faster than stock Gingerbread.

To bad the dev has moved on...(do not know that for a fact just my own opinion)

Last edited:

techjpo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Bummed. Had high hopes for Blurrybread. Pretty sure I am going to hold off on GB right now-my phone is giving me everything that I need and runs like a champ.

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I should re-phrase my earlier statement, since I do not personally know the dev for the Rubix ROM. It is my understanding that he is no longer using a Droid X. I'd still love to see Rubix for GB....