I just downaloaded and flashed p3droids rooted gb and then flashed liberty gb. My phone will not boot. It just shows the boot screen then shuts down. Can anyone help?
    06-04-2011 01:10 PM
    Please?
    06-04-2011 02:00 PM
    have you gone into recovery mode and wiped the cache and data? i would recommend doing this first as this usually cures all ills.

if this fails then you'll need to SBF back to .340 or GB and figure out where you went wrong.
    06-04-2011 02:06 PM
    I have tried this with no effect. Ill try sbfing
    06-04-2011 02:08 PM
    yeah sorry man, if recovery and wiping data/cache didn't help then you are better off going to .340 and re-rooting and figuring out your footsteps. it's happened to all of us!
    06-04-2011 02:09 PM
    Thanks dude. Im just glad for one i made a nandroid...and two I have this forum!
    06-04-2011 02:31 PM
    You should have been able to pull the battery then hold the home button and press the power. Gets you into the stock recovery rather than clockwork. Then just wipe data and cache. Should work every time.
    06-05-2011 09:34 AM
    You should have been able to pull the battery then hold the home button and press the power. Gets you into the stock recovery rather than clockwork. Then just wipe data and cache. Should work every time.
    I know it should have worked, but it didnt. I noticed that there was an error with the stock recovery not being able to access the cache correctly. I just sbf'd back to froyo and had to reload everything... what a pain, but i have it up and running now.
    06-05-2011 03:14 PM
    What version was you in when you flashed the 4.5.596 because you can not flash directly to it from Froyo, you have to install 4.5.588 first and then install the rooted 4.5.596.
    06-07-2011 01:36 AM
    P3 actually has a 2-parter that you can install directly from Froyo Clockwork now that is .596, so you don't have to do the .588 3-part zip and then .596 on top of it, which is nice.

Of course, if you want deodexed (which I do) you'll still have to install that on top of the 2-parter once you finish, but still saves a step

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    06-07-2011 02:47 AM
    Yeah, I forgot to point that out, I was focusing on the reboot and I was thinking that the poster may have used one of the others that would have caused this issue.
    06-07-2011 05:18 PM
    That was definitely my problem. I tried to flash the deodexed GB over stock froyo...

Well now that I know the issue is may consider trying the upgrade again... But I do have a question...

Is it really worth it?
    06-08-2011 07:48 AM
    That was definitely my problem. I tried to flash the deodexed GB over stock froyo...

Well now that I know the issue is may consider trying the upgrade again... But I do have a question...

Is it really worth it?
    personally i think it's worth it because GB seems much better at battery and memory management. IMO. i would do it but just keep the nandroid backup of your froyo setup. i kept my clockwork backup and sometimes i'll go back and forth if i really want to play around and see differences.
    06-08-2011 09:02 AM
    Also if I may add in, eventually you will be seeing alot of cool tweaks and toys for GB that you are going to want. Not including the already enhanced device performances and simply keeping up with current tech. As I mentioned another time, soon GB will be a thing of the past so might as well climb aboard and enjoy it with us.
    06-08-2011 10:44 AM
    Well it looks like I have a project this weekend! Lol. Thanks guys for all the help!
    06-08-2011 04:08 PM
    my turn for the stuck bootloop tonight.
    1. going sbf to .340
    2. z4root
    3. .596 odexed and tried the deodexed applied
    4. bootloop gets going here...doing the home+power wipe cache/data doesnt seem to help at all.

suggestions please? i'm trying to get to APEX RC2 on gb...
    much appreciated.

***ok got past this. found a link on mydroidworld with a different gb rooted rom (i assume)...
    http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/d...prerooted.html
    06-13-2011 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD