GB Team Black Hat Update recovery reboot fails

bsaucier0810

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I went with the GB update from team black hat and ever since I can't get into reboot recovery. It restarts but after motorola logo it goes to black screen. I've tried bootstrapper for DX and tried D2. D2 won't even bootstrap. A system restore just brings me to android guy with exclamation point and i push the search button one time and it just sits there. Lots of force closes and I can't run some apps all together now. Please any ideas to get me back to stock system so that I can do the process again?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I went with the GB update from team black hat and ever since I can't get into reboot recovery. It restarts but after motorola logo it goes to black screen. I've tried bootstrapper for DX and tried D2. D2 won't even bootstrap. A system restore just brings me to android guy with exclamation point and i push the search button one time and it just sits there. Lots of force closes and I can't run some apps all together now. Please any ideas to get me back to stock system so that I can do the process again?

I think I might know what might be going on, make sure you have Rom Managers ClockworkMod Recovery flashed. Should be good to go after that.

bsaucier0810

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I think I might know what might be going on, make sure you have Rom Managers ClockworkMod Recovery flashed. Should be good to go after that.

I just tried that and it reboots, brings up red motorola logo, and goes to lighted black screen. Only solution from there is a battery drop. So in short, I'm still having the same issue but thanks for your help. Any other ideas out there. Can I use my computer to bring my phone back to stock?

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
you need to READ about SBF your phone.
If you want to root then go back to froyo SBF and upgrade/root from there
if you dont care about root there is a GB .596 SBF you can use, but it can't be rooted at this point (matter of time before it can)

you need to sbf one of those and then do a factory reset/wipe
you should be good to go after that.
if you choose to root, then now would be the point to install and test clockwork boot strap.
i would suggest not using rom mgr and just learn how to do everything with clockwork.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I just tried that and it reboots, brings up red motorola logo, and goes to lighted black screen. Only solution from there is a battery drop. So in short, I'm still having the same issue but thanks for your help. Any other ideas out there. Can I use my computer to bring my phone back to stock?

One last thing to try, go into the stock bootloader (power button & home key) and factory reset.

bsaucier0810

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. Idk why but D2 bootstrapper brings my phone into recovery but DX won't. Still having major problems with apps force closing before they open.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm