How to root on latest OTA update?

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Having gone through three resets in the last month, the most recent for the official Motorola "soak" before release of the .596 code, the idea of going through yet another SBF reload, update is not that attractive. It involves a lot of work to get everything working correctly again.

Isn't there another option? Anyone heard whether or not Gingerbreak is going to get "fixed" so it will work on the OTA anytime soon?

Arrrgh! This is SO painful! :( (Yeah, that is my "pouting look"... :D)

Scott

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i would bet that someone will figure out how to root the OTA in time. the waiting is understandably the hardest part.

that said, i had to sbf to update to the rooted GB when it was released since i was on apex. using titanium to backup and restore my apps, the whole process from sbf to GB with all my apps back took about 45 minutes. i can understand not wanting to take that time, but it beats waiting for a root exploit to be found IMHO

PappaFloyd

Dab King
Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
This one seems to be taking a bit longer than normal, or am I just more impatient? heh, whatever the reason I sure hope someone's on the case and Root for the OTA is almost here!!