CyanogenMod7 now available in beta!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Definitely stable enough for everyday use. I use it on my current phone and wasn't afraid to take the leap. You just have to follow instructions carefully and use the recommended way to update to CM7. Not the Monster.zip way.

Yup it sure does.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I went monster zip and had no problems. What kinda issues are people having with it?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I went monster zip and had no problems. What kinda issues are people having with it?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I first tried the Monster zip way and I got major bootloops when installing CM7 the first time. Maybe it was my own fault but I just recommended the completely supported way. I already modified my other post so I'm not completely deterring others from doing it the Monster way.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Yea I heard of some having install issues. I would normal go the long fun way but was at work and didn't want to wait. Good thing everything went ok. Love this rom.

sent by CyanogenMod X

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Yea I heard of some having install issues. I would normal go the long fun way but was at work and didn't want to wait. Good thing everything went ok. Love this rom.

sent by CyanogenMod X

Lol, I was at work too when I decided to go the quick short way. CM7 is amazing. Question, I love your Boot logo you provided for CM7 as well as the Google one on Apex. Does anyone have this flashable zip?

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
does the camera fix completely fix the camera and camcorder? 8mp resolution and 720p video capture? if not, i'll have to wait for that before I jump on the bandwagon

Camera is HD but not widescreen. Camcorder crashes after a few minutes of use and is not 720P.
The fix allows for limited casual use of the camcorder which becomes intermittently unavailable needing a reboot to get it back while corrupting the file that was recording when it does crash.
If you rely on your camcorder especially for dashcam type applications hold off for a while.
Other than that it is a great ROM with so many great features that really enhance the day to day use of the device.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ace4

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to get this circular battery indicator to work in CM7 with 1% increments? This was from ApeX 1.4 in the shell utilities.
12158d1311380894-cyanogenmod7-now-available-beta-fabbatt.png

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Is there a way to get this circular battery indicator to work in CM7 with 1% increments? This was from ApeX 1.4 in the shell utilities.
12158d1311380894-cyanogenmod7-now-available-beta-fabbatt.png

It sure is just need a theme guy to make it and put it together in a zip. I used to do this stuff but I'm super busy and really haven't had time to do theme work. You have to create 100 images so it takes some time. Maybe one night ill get it going if nobody does.

sent by CyanogenMod X

Reactions: roberte1342

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say it was a blast running thru this thread with you guys and CM7 but I have made a move to MIUI, I'lll be running in that ROM thread now.

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Battery Warning:

Be careful not to run your battery all the way down if you are away form your wall charger. CM7 will attempt to boot off of a depleted battery and you will be enjoying bootloops watching your USB or car charger struggle to power up the device. Since the X doesn't actually charge until after boot this is a problem if you do not have adequate power to run the phone and charge it simultaneously. My 'Verizon' car charge would boot to the lock screen but the X would reboot the moment it tried to charge the battery. Removing the battery allowed me to use my phone as long as the car was providing power to it. Reinserting the battery would of course overwhelm it and reboot. Perhaps a more powerful car charge will be fine. Just a word of caution if you are out and about.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
What build you on. Mine does not do this. I plug it in when its completely dead and it turns right on. If charging by a computer it takes a bit longer to automatically turn on but never get bootloops.

sent by CyanogenMod X

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
What build you on. Mine does not do this. I plug it in when its completely dead and it turns right on. If charging by a computer it takes a bit longer to automatically turn on but never get bootloops.

sent by CyanogenMod X

Same here. Only time I bootlooped was when I flashed something I shouldn't have :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc