CyanogenMod7 now available in beta!

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
after seeing the video he posted in one of his recent tweets i Can say well well maybe our dreams are now possibly gona come true. Maybe. we all know weve been here b4 lol. I posted a while back in another thread that he helped build some apps in the apex build so that was a sign. Add this news to that list of signs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Looks like you'll have to go back to .340 to get it. I may try flashing if a detailed how to post gets made.

It's not ready for primetime just yet. He on rootzwiki forums said he'll need testers sometime this week. So it's coming, but there are a laundry list of things that need fixed before it goes live.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Not to prematurely get excited, but via p3droid's twitter:

@p3droid So.if you have an x you should follow @cvpcs right now...big news is imminent !!!!

Kinda funny, but after a not so well weekend, thanks to your post Terp I actually felt a bit better. Just wanted to let ya know

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Kinda funny, but after a not so well weekend, thanks to your post Terp I actually felt a bit better. Just wanted to let ya know

no problem! but thanks should go to all the great people working on cyanogen. gotta hand it to them keeping at it for almost a year now when lesser folks might have thrown in the towel by now and moved on.

and not to veer off topic, but news and moments like this is why android will always be better than any other mobile platform in my eyes.

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Glad this is coming around, surprised it took this long...I understand wanting to use your own Kernels, but sometimes you work with what the lord (moto..hmm that's probably not a good comparison...) gives you..

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one here who doesn't understand what all the hype about CyanogenMod is vs. any other Gingerbread ROM?

I'm not doubting that it is a nice ROM, but what makes this SO MUCH better than ApeX 2.0 or Liberty Gingerbread?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
CM7 and its predecessors was one of the most popular, most customizable and useable ROMs for a variety of devices. The cvpcs team is an incredible set of minds that knew what a good custom ROM should be simply by asking its users, then learning how to port it to a ton of devices. It was rare in the cellphone world for someone to NOT know what CM was. Back in my Dinc days I had cm7 and it was awesome(actually it mighta been cm6 then). The Droid X1 would be an awesome device for cm7 just as much as APEX or Liberty already is. Its another one of the top popular custom ROMs made. Maybe one day you'll see for yourself along with the rest of us because it if does actually gets out, I will be in line. Yes I will drop Liberty in a heartbeat once CM gets cranking on our X's. Then we will all be crying for MIUI next,lol

tlane01

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one here who doesn't understand what all the hype about CyanogenMod is vs. any other Gingerbread ROM?

I'm not doubting that it is a nice ROM, but what makes this SO MUCH better than ApeX 2.0 or Liberty Gingerbread?
From what i understand, CM7 tries to stick close to the AOSP ie very clean unbloated android.

While i love the new motoblur UI in GB, it still has tons of services that i have no desire to run on my phone etc. I will definitely be giving CM7 on the DX a try when it gets a few more bugs worked out.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
From what i understand, CM7 tries to stick close to the AOSP ie very clean unbloated android.

So does the newest version of ApeX. Both ApeX & Liberty have always also allowed you to add back in any Blur that you want IF you want. From what I have seen & read from other people's reviews, some AOSP Android services are horrible (Gallery, Camera, etc.) & they actually prefer to add back in the Blur Gallery or Camera app.

Again, I don't doubt that CM7 is nice, but I just don't understand why everyone always drools all over it & anytime I ask, I never hear an answer that is something other great ROMs don't also do. I understand that CyanogenMod may have done it first & all other popular ROMs may have taken a page from their book, but as we all know, doing something first doesn't always mean you do it best. If that were the case, we would all have BlackBerries & iPhones instead of phones running a superior OS that came out a little later. ;)

Last edited:

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm with El Jefe, now that GB is here I have no real interest in CM7. I love it on my Nookcolor, but unless it adds battery life or something major I'm quite pleased with the official GB

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

The best example I can give you is what happened with the Mustang. Saleen took a stock Mustang and improved the look, aerodynamics, suspension, under the hood performance, improved and revamped interior, and finally "eye candy paint jobs". So much so that if you see a Stock Mustang and a Saleen Mustang side by side there is no comparison. That is what CM7 is for Android: Improved performance, optimized, and added features. Software releases in any field will always improve their product with updates, patches, fixes and improvements: whether from the OEM or from aftermarket sources. I have not delved into custom ROMS, but this is what will make me jump in.

PsychicRefugee

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes I will drop Liberty in a heartbeat once CM gets cranking on our X's. Then we will all be crying for MIUI next,lol

I agree wholeheartedly! I actually finally broke down and installed liberty after sitting on stock deodexed over the weekend and now I almost wanna just flash my backup and wait for a good version of CM7 to drop. Liberty and Apex are great but if CM7 is able to they're able to keep the real-working customizable notification bar toggles and T-Mobile theme engine that everyone else on CM7 enjoys then it's probably gonna take a version of MIUI for my X to get me to flash something else!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I like CM, and used to run that rom often. I still don't think I am changing my Apex he he, have fun flashers lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante