Has Clockwork support and developer discontinue?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if ClockworkMod has stopped development or just not taking responses from users, I have tried to contact the developer about some software questions and the email always comes back unreceived... I have bought Bootstrap Droid X and Droid 2 version to run on GB but I was wondering if a plan to resolve the Droid X version to work on the Droid X?? :D

Also I am considering upgrading to the Thunderbolt and I keep hearing about a version of Clockwork that works on the TB but I have searched I haven't found a version that reports to be made for this device.. I am trying to layout where to find everything for this device but still I cant get any information from developers.

Do anyone know a working way to get hold of developer or am I going to be force to locate these file through unofficial means?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
@koush is the developers twitter and also @clockworkmod. Clockwork will install on the phone from the market. Bootstrap is needed on the x and 2 due to the locked bootloader. Just download the app rom manager and install clockwork that way.

sent by CyanogenMod X

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
But isn't ROM manager another pay app now? I tried it in the past and ROM Manager had issues so I stopped using it, is it more stable now?

Update: Just notice there is a free version also.... But what about the stability..

So this will work on the Thunderbolt when I get one next month?

Last edited:

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Some users have issues with loading and making backups. You can just open com manager and click to boot recovery. Will take you to clockwork and you can make and restore backups from here. As for clockwork on the bolt I'm sure it works on it. He's got it on a ton of devices.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have an issue with Rom Manager not reading the premium license I bought for it. Can't download CM7 updates unless I'm premium, yikes.

Update - Rom Manager in the Market says if you're having issues with the premium license to make sure you have the updated free version(which I updated earlier because the dev updated his awareness as of the 15th) and the most recent version of the premium license which will download but not install. Under applications, I have both recent versions shown as installed. I sent another email to the dev, hoping I get a reply. I paid for the premium license, it should work.

Update - Fixed it. Had to un-install Premium license(1.0.7), then re-install from Market. Rom Manager now reads as premium.

Last edited:

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, I don't think you're going to have to have the premium version of ROM Manager to install CM Nightlies. I think you'll be able to do it in the Cyanogen Settings>System as well once we can register. I don't think you have to buy the paid app for that.

Personally I've never had a need for ROM Manager at all until this week, so someone correct me if I'm wrong :) I <3 Koush's development but I do get a little frustrated with trying to figure out what has and hasn't been updated. I know he works on a lot of devices, but I still don't really get why the DX/D2 Bootstrapper issue hasn't been resolved since the GB leaks. I know people say to just donate the money and he's a good dev, and I am not arguing with that in the least, but it just seems silly to make people buy something twice.

Either way, guess I'm getting a bit more familiar with ROM Manager. Crazy orange clockwork recovery wtf. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463