08-29-2011 01:40 AM
29 12
tools
    It really depends on the chain of events your phone goes through and who. Don't even think that means you are safe, always use caution and remember, they Can void your warranty. It is clearly written. Returned stock is always best, sbf takes 10 minutes, same as a good duce.
    06-26-2011 03:49 PM
    I'm calling BS on this report.
    I have had warranty replacements for my Droid X twice.
    They ship a core phone ( no battery or SD card) with prepaid return sticker.
    Certainly if you send back a non-damaged or otherwise fully functioning phone they might charge you something, but you don't get charged the full price unless you forget to return the old phone.
    Now insurance claims (lost/stolen) phone are different. But I know of no reason for the phone to be sent back first. Certainly a factory reset would restore to the stock unrooted image. I generally do this to make sure my personal data is protected.
    Therefore I call BS on this story. Maybe they found water damage or something that simply disqualified it from warranty replacement. I just can't see them wanting the phone first. That is simply not the process Verizon and Assurion take with regard to replacements.
    06-30-2011 01:45 PM
    Bummer. I just got my replacement phone 3 days ago because it wouldn't charge on the Cardock. It was a charging port issue. I never Rooted it but I installed GB about a week early, but I believe it was just the Verizon version early release. At least I think that's what the thread that had the link in it from P3Droid stated. Think I'm toast?
    07-02-2011 02:33 PM
    I am calling BS on this. Not only have I recently returned a phone that was rooted and not been charged, but when you wipe everything (and I mean EVERYTHING), there can be no trace of what was running. My guess is (like others have stated), if the person was charged, they didn't remove everything. They probably just reset everything thinking that will take care of it. If this were true, we could be hearing about this all the time...just my $.02

Also, here is something to think of...my last phone I got from VZW was rooted when I got it! I laughed and to have some fun, I called VZW support and mentioned this to them. At first I was told this is impossible, as they fully factory reset everything. They do a factory reset and wipe the cache is my guess (at least that was all they did on my phone). Just throwing that out in case anyone is scared over this.
    08-29-2011 01:40 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD