Hey,

I am looking for a few answers to some unexpected results of an SBF. I hope the collective knowledge of the forum can help. Thanks in advance.

I SBFed (RSD_Lite 4.9) my Droid X back to stock 2.3.340 from running Apex 1.4.1, then activated and upgraded OTA to GB when the prompt popped up. I had a few unexpected results:

1. Apparently the phone boot looped for a while (at least 3 times) playing the Apex 1.4.1 THX sound after the SBF. I left for dinner and when I came back the phone was running normally, but I will take my roommate’s word for it. I do not recall this happening in the past.
    2. It ran very slowly after the GB update, so I did a few battery pulls and noticed the Apex boot animation is still showing up. Goes red Moto logo to Apex logo with no sound. I thought this would go back to stock.
    3. All my information is still on the phone (settings, layouts, accounts, etc.). Thought this would all be erased.
    4. When I follow the updated SBF instructions I found here and try to factory reset (Power + Home) I get the droid with an exclamation mark, but the Search button does nothing. I find this slightly alarming.

As far as I can tell I am running straight GB, but with the above mentioned quirks. I would like to get the phone back to ‘Out of the Box’ status so any help or insight you all can give would be most appreciated.

Best,

Stuhl232
    06-22-2011 09:44 AM
    Well I can help you with #4. You have to hit the camera keys when u get the ! mark, not Search, that was for Froyo. Your on the OTA GB now. You could try the .569sbf option and see if it runs cleaner and smoother than going back to Froyo and pathing up to the latest OTA.
    06-22-2011 09:49 AM
    After SBF you have to do a hard reset of device to clear everything...

If you used the 4.5.596 SBF the option to access recovery when on Android screen OS is the volume up and down instead of search because GB changed this... Also when you select format you usually have to keep tapping the screen to get the dots to go across screen to complete format, not sure why but I noticed this a while back.
    06-22-2011 09:33 PM
    I see in my post I said camera keys, I did mean vol up/down as well. Very sorry.
    06-22-2011 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD