3.2 is here with SD card support. Discuss here.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Just got my 3.2 update here in NJ. I have to say that it has really impressed me. No longer do you get redirected tto mobile sites, and portrait mode is MUCH faster. The browser flies now, and I haven't even messed with the SD card yet. So far so good!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting, hating everybody who got it. :p

Well, don't hate me. I am still waiting too. Makes me think the whole thing is a hoax :) I think I was last on the planet last update, too.

About the comment that the update button is fake- it probably is. They will push when they want to and not a moment sooner.

uchuujin

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought this wifi Xoom on the first day in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area, and got an update around 11 am on Jul 13. I don't know if they're staggering by region or by purchase date, to be honest... but my guess is that it's by purchase date. My N1 never gets updated early, since I bought it 6 months after release. At least that's my crackpot theory for now. :D

thegunslinger1

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Just got my 3.2 update here in NJ. I have to say that it has really impressed me. No longer do you get redirected tto mobile sites, and portrait mode is MUCH faster. The browser flies now, and I haven't even messed with the SD card yet. So far so good!

Wait are you serious??? No more Mobile sites??? WOOT!!!!!!!111!!!1

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm that it doesn't go straight to mobile sites. although some websites it just seems stuck on mobile. but i think that has to do with the websites coding like Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide but then again who goes to gizmodo they are all about apple. cant stand them. other than that browser is faster and homescreens are very fluid. also the zoom app feature helps with alot of apps

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So, a couple of impressions:

1. The browser performance is much improved, significantly faster. It's been very stable so far too. Better yet, the keyboard response is quicker on websites. It used to stutter for me at times, such as when typing in this forum.

2. The Widgets scroll faster and smoother.

3. I could not find a way to format the SD card I put in the Xoom, but it recognizes it's there.

4. Zoom mode is similar to compatibility mode for iPhone apps on an iPad. It's available for an app if the "zoom button" shows up next to the clock.

5. The Google+ app is running like a pig after this update.

6. There's an option in settings to set the time long pressing a shortcut causes it to be picked up and moved.

7. It's booting up slightly faster.
Is "running like a pig" a good thing, or bad?

S_C_B

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
3.2 installed just installed!! I'm in OKC. First day buyer.
The browser cursor is much less crappy, and the typing lag is much better also.

Last edited:

dharbit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I just received the 3.2 update and I am still getting redirected to mobile sites I have no idea what the other Xoom owners are talking about, I will confirm that browser performance is really a nice improvement. If your Xoom is taking you to desktop sites all the time let me know if you did something I. erased my cache and cookies in my browser along with reset it to defualy and I still get mobile websites