Abrupt stoppage of streaming

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have my router to set the channel automatically. So I know that wouldn't work for me. At this point I'm back on my laptop to watch videos because the xoom isnt cutting it at all. I'm not sure what to do to fix our problem. :mad:

Have you tried switching the channel from auto to any other number specifically, I know at first when mine wasnt working it was also set to auto with the (11) next to it like maybe that was the channel it was on for the time being. I suggest try to change it and see if it does anything, you can always swap right back if not

Juicuy J

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried switching the channel from auto to any other number specifically, I know at first when mine wasnt working it was also set to auto with the (11) next to it like maybe that was the channel it was on for the time being. I suggest try to change it and see if it does anything, you can always swap right back if not

I'll give out a try and report what happens

Juicuy J

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Well my router was set to channel 11 and I changed it to 9. It didn't help but I figured out that when the wifi indicater is blue its streaming but as soon as it turns grey it stops. So what's making it turn grey I have no idea. I'll change the channel and try again.

OlReagan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried changing channels, it was on auto before, but it didn't do anything. I just tried 11 and 10, I'll try..well...all of them when I'm actually at home. I'll try to load a video on it to SD too just to rule that out.

And yeah, the wifi signal turns white when it stops streaming/buffering. What does that indicate? It's very frustrating, a huge loss in function over night with that update.

I'll find the time to write them instead of just grieving on here though :-[

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Damn that sucks. I tried all kinds of stuff with those router settings and that seemed to do the trick. Also tried connecting unsecure. Then go back in and set up the secure connection again. Some ppl said that did the trick for them as well

mfoster

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I did some testing. Try turning off screen timeout. If I turn off screen timeout no issue. Default screen timeout is 1 minute. Audio quits 2 minutes after screen times out.

mfoster

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to KSoD in a post to my question on the same subject, check the Task Manager for any of your applications in the Auto End list. Applications listed there will stop working 2 minutes after the screen goes blank. I found iHeart and SiriusXM in that list and removed them. He also mentioned there could be apps linked to the music player that is causing the music player to quit. That is what i'm trying to find out now.

OlReagan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Where do I find the Auto-End list? I didn't even know that existed. But the times at which streaming stops is variable.

I tried to play a movie from the SD and it played fine (an avi. on mobo player), I'm fairly certain I am dealing with an internet issue. I could not find a channel on my wifi that works.

I'm using a belkin N300 router. I don't know what else to try.

bbalak

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I tried to play a movie from the SD and it played fine (an avi. on mobo player), I'm fairly certain I am dealing with an internet issue. I could not find a channel on my wifi that works.

Ok, now I'm in agreement with you. I just put my WiFi Xoom in Airplane Mode, and local videos play fine with MoBo Player. Of course, Netflix doesn't work. Still weird that an internet connection screws up the playing of a local file. I don't have an SD card in my Xoom either.

OlReagan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's a really strange behavior, bbalak.

I actually got it to work right last night though! As someone suggested earlier, I turned off security on my wifi and now it works as before. I'll probably try to turn it back on when I get home and see if it works now, I'd rather not have security off.

Juicuy J

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I havent tried turning off my security on my router, I guess I could try it and see if thats what it is. But for certain, once the wifi indicator goes gray when i'm streaming, it stops. I hope there is a patch for this coming soon because now my xoom has almost became a paper weight and I love this thing when it's working properly.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you ever try turning the security off connecting then disconnecting and turning the security back on? I still haven't had any more problems staying connected and I've been on a few secure and non secure networks both

OlReagan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Dang, yeah I know how you feel. I can only recommend going into your router settings and mucking about, one option at a time, and see if it improves it. For me it was the security option, other people just changed channels, so the solution might be different depending on your model/provider/etc.