on 3g. No 3.2 update yet.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Word from Verizon, or at least the word I got, is that the scheduled release for 3.2 on the 3g version is 8-15. They have returned the build to Motorola for further testing because it was causing system freezes. Oh and on an interesting side note the reason for the delays in the 4g roll out, according to the same top level technical service rep is that they are working out the logistics of replacing all the 3g tablets with a 4g enabled tablet that has a different chip set in it.

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Say what? That would not be good for Motorola at all. Granted a whole new tablet for free would be awesome. But the amount of money they would have lost can't be hidden from critics surely eager to jump all over Motorola for releasing a device that cannot provide promised features. I highly doubt this will happen...but you never know.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Word from Verizon, or at least the word I got, is that the scheduled release for 3.2 on the 3g version is 8-15. They have returned the build to Motorola for further testing because it was causing system freezes. Oh and on an interesting side note the reason for the delays in the 4g roll out, according to the same top level technical service rep is that they are working out the logistics of replacing all the 3g tablets with a 4g enabled tablet that has a different chip set in it.
Personally, I don't trust a word of what Verizon employees say regarding the Xoom. I actually had the manager of one of their stores claim that he was told the 4G upgrade would begin July 17.

Reactions: bobbaz

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
with 10.1 LTE launch happening in less than a week, Motorola is going to get plenty of hate emails again from customers.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Personally I generally take information from the technical reps with a grain of salt. However this one was looking up for me the delay on 3.2 and read straight from an email all of the information I shared with you all. It could be BS or it could be legitimate. It seems to make sense though. I believe what the plan would be, and this is just my best guess, is if they do send out new tablets with the 4g radio installed and a different chip set that plays nice with it that they will then tear down all the old ones and replace the parts that need to be replaced and re ship them as working 4g models as well. Who knows though they promised to have it rolling in summer 2011 so the have five weeks left to tell us something. It is kind of frustrating though since they just turned on lte here.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Personally I generally take information from the technical reps with a grain of salt. However this one was looking up for me the delay on 3.2 and read straight from an email all of the information I shared with you all. It could be BS or it could be legitimate. It seems to make sense though. I believe what the plan would be, and this is just my best guess, is if they do send out new tablets with the 4g radio installed and a different chip set that plays nice with it that they will then tear down all the old ones and replace the parts that need to be replaced and re ship them as working 4g models as well. Who knows though they promised to have it rolling in summer 2011 so the have five weeks left to tell us something. It is kind of frustrating though since they just turned on lte here.

There are eight weeks left in this summer...

Sent from my Etch A Sketch

ariurban

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
More than likely, on a cost reduction plan, Motorola will have you send your 3G units to the factory. They will replace the chipset board and add the 4G board to your device, then test each unit before shipping it back to you.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Still waiting on my 3.2 update as well along with the LTE upgrade.....Starting to feel left out. :'(

Verizon/Moto/Google -- Why have you forsaken us?

I know its coming, but really......

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49