Absolutely, do not buy Xoom!

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, whatever the stock browser was. I only had it 2 weeks and that was 6 months ago. I had 0 Apps loaded as I wanted to rule out that as a cause for lockups and crashes.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My household has had three XOOMs from the first day available. We realized we were early adopters and made sure that any app we installed did not adversely affect the tablet before we installed another app. By putting the tablet "through it's paces" after each install, we were able to avoid the problems others ran into.

Yes, the tablet had some issues when it came out. But we never experienced the native apps freezing, force closing or anything else, without first loading an incompatible app.

I'm memorized by this spectacle. ... people swearing to G-d that they didn't install a single app and three replacements units in a row all crashed and performed miserably out of the box.

I've been in electronics for several decades. I'm electrical design engineer, working for a major semi maker. Some of the claims are so over the top, I'm sitting here in slack-jawed disbelief as I read it. I actually started to laugh because I thought it was some kind of sarcastic joke. Then I kept reading and realized they were trying to seriously claim this rubbish as truth.

Yeah, Honeycomb had problems. Still does, but it's clear to me (and should be to anyone else) these statements are outright absurd.

My XOOM is used for work and has replaced my notebook for everything expect compiling code and running h/w simulations. My wife is very happy using her XOOM for entertainment purposes... especially now that Netflix runs on it. ;-) My son uses his for school and entertainment. He has access to infinite campus and his other school work sites. He was able to do his research and write his reports in the later part of his 10th grade completely on the XOOM. His HP notebook has gathered dust. Now he is working on his SAT and ACT prep every day with the XOOM.

If truth be told on this site, it would be that this device is an extremely valuable tool for enterprise apps and school... as well as an outstanding entertainment multimedia device.

Three units in a row all trash? Freezes and lockouts without a single app install? I'm laughing my arse off here! These claims are so intentionally false, it's actually funny!

Reactions: Carlesious

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Freezes and lockouts without a single app install? I'm laughing my arse off here! These claims are so intentionally false, it's actually funny!

If you are talking to me then laugh all you want. I've been in It for 20 years and yes, bought it the day it came out and it froze and the browser locked up several times on day 1 with no Apps installed.

Guess we all can't be as cool as you running 3 tablets never having a single issue.

I guess that flash and the SD slot worked fine too, after all, they wouldn't release a product that wasn't 100% functional either.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If you are talking to me then laugh all you want. I've been in It for 20 years and yes, bought it the day it came out and it froze and the browser locked up several times on day 1 with no Apps installed.

Guess we all can't be as cool as you running 3 tablets never having a single issue.

I guess that flash and the SD slot worked fine too, after all, they wouldn't release a product that wasn't 100% functional either.

I've had my 3g Xoom since March and bought my wifi Xoom two weeks ago. Flash and SD work great and didn't require any hacks by the manufacturer. Just because Motorola wanted to wait and do it right doesn't mean they messed up.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You thought the browser was ie. I don't think I can take you seriously.

Sent from my DROIDX

Whatever man, "Stock Browser". I'm typing from my Droid Charge right now on my Dolphin Browser if that lends me any credibility.
Open a browser and it crashes. Call it the wrong thing = I must be an idiot = it did not really crash. Nice logic.

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Flash and SD work great and didn't require any hacks by the manufacturer. Just because Motorola wanted to wait and do it right doesn't mean they messed up.

From an another thread

Stock 3.2 SD card is Read Only. It is a bit ridiculous, but if you root you will have full read and write support.

So doing it right (or write!) means waiting 6 months for a read/write card that you can't write to? I am :lol

I am seriously considering getting another xoom and am in the market for another tablet, but this time I am doing my research first to know what kind of issues I Will have with it. To say you have 0 issues, well, that is perspective. You likely fix them or find ways around them without even realizing it.

jeres88

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
You went through three Xoom's none of which worked? I find the extremely hard to believe. I keep seeing posts like this, and each one has several pages filled with people who had a working Xoom the first time around. In all honesty, I'm going to have to say this is some sort of user error, or maybe just jumping on the "Xoom Sucks" bandwagon.

Either way, I've had the VZW Xoom since day one, and the only applications I've had problems with are the stock browser and certain applications that were made for a phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome