3.2 coming to 3G today

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I hope this is true... Just ordered my 32 GB class 4 microSDHC flash memory card yesterday. I've had to delete several things from my Xoom in order to load movies for long trips. This can't get here soon enough!

BTW -- Checked 15 minutes ago... No update yet. :(

evilkefz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Motorola XOOM 3G Update HTJ85 Info Posted

Motorola XOOM 3G Update HTJ85 Info Posted, Could Start Rolling Out Tomorrow

xoom-update-htj851.jpg

Most of us have a pretty grasp on what is included in the Android 3.2 update for the Motorola XOOM 3G since the WiFi version and the Asus Transformer have already received it. But the official details have now been posted for you to peruse. SD card support, zooming compatibility mode, and a bunch of fixes to improve movie watching are all included in this latest 15.4MB software bundle.

Our sources are under the impression that the update should start rolling out tomorrow, so Verizon XOOM owners will want to check in Settings>About tablet>System updates quite regularly over the next few days.

Motorola XOOM 3G Update HTJ85 Info Posted, Could Start Rolling Out Tomorrow - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

arundc

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Just want to make it clear to y'all that you only have read access for the microSD slot with the update. The write access only works while connected to a computer through USB cable.

slwerner

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just want to make it clear to y'all that you only have read access for the microSD slot with the update. The write access only works while connected to a computer through USB cable.

Yes, I'd heard that. Is it also true of the 3.2 WiFi upgrade?

It's annoying that they (Google/Motorola/Verizon) cannot achieve something seemingly so simple (others seem to have been able to get it to work - but even more annoying is the lack of communication with customers/users about why there are delays and why certain functionality is being excluded.

I'd guess that most users will probably be using microSD card storage for movies and other large items that would be copied from a computer anyway, so it doesn't seem like a huge issue. still, how hard would it be to issue a tech-blurb about what is going on in the development and testing labs?

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
That's why rooting is better. Devs support the xoom more than moto. I can read and write on my xoom internally with no need for pc. I have been on 3.2 for about 2 weeks now. Devs are the BEST!!

Sent from my M9300 using Tapatalk

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

This is understood. I just need a place to hold all of my music and some HD movies. Currently I'm pushing the limits of the available storage. The extra 32 GB will be welcome even if its read only from my Xoom.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
This is understood. I just need a place to hold all of my music and some HD movies. Currently I'm pushing the limits of the available storage. The extra 32 GB will be welcome even if its read only from my Xoom.

That what I need also. I have a 64GB Ipad 2 and all my music and movies are on it, while still having 30Gb of space left. It will be nice to do that on the Xoom, while be able to remove the storage also.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
My friend just text me that he got the 3.2 update on his XOOM as part of a "soak". He said it should be out in a few days.

He has been active with Motorola engineers in the past working on a Go Daddy email bug they had, and is going to begin beta testing Ice cream Sandwich. He has 3.2...I'll see him tomorrow and can grab a picture of any pertinant info.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got some more details from him. Motorola emailed him from the Motorola Owners forums and he had to login to his account and accept something, then it immediately pushed to his device.

He now has access to a special forum where he can report any issues.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
A Motorola Engineer just told me "the soak has gone really well, so the powers at be have decided to roll it out to everyone tonight. This is unusual as most soaks last at least 48 hours. We just feel we cannot deny the rest of our users the sweetness that is the 3.2 update"

It should roll out tonight.

jimcasbar

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I hope this is true... Just ordered my 32 GB class 4 microSDHC flash memory card yesterday. I've had to delete several things from my Xoom in order to load movies for long trips. This can't get here soon enough!

BTW -- Checked 15 minutes ago... No update yet. :(
the upgrade came just after midnight EST. Install went fast then reboot took about 5 minutes. SD card shows as external1 in directory. Only issue was it repeatedly attempted to connect to my wireless network unsuccessfully. Once I booted my routed it readily found the network and connected. Booted the xoom just for good measure and everything looks good. All my apps appear to be working as they were before the upgrade.

jrnlytn

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine updated just now. Checked all day, just hit tonight. Installed great. Can't wait to load those movies for the road trips. (Idaho):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995