Does Google Talk Voice/Video Work?

mhogan

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious to know if anyone has been able to make Google Talk video and voice chat work on the Xoom. I can make text chat work but video/audio seems to have a problem. When I call my Xoom and I accept the call, the PC making the call still hears ringing and eventually I get a "mhogan didn't answer" type of a message.

I've tried two Xooms and three different PC's with the same result. I'm just checking to see if anyone has successfully made it work before I continue to put effort into fixing it. Also, if there is some sort of trick involved it would be great to know.

Thanks in advance.

-Mike

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious to know if anyone has been able to make Google Talk video and voice chat work on the Xoom. I can make text chat work but video/audio seems to have a problem. When I call my Xoom and I accept the call, the PC making the call still hears ringing and eventually I get a "mhogan didn't answer" type of a message.

I've tried two Xooms and three different PC's with the same result. I'm just checking to see if anyone has successfully made it work before I continue to put effort into fixing it. Also, if there is some sort of trick involved it would be great to know.

Thanks in advance.

-Mike

I use Google Talk between my XOOM and PC's all the time. Video and audio. Works fine.

mhogan

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. I still can't get it to work. The tests I'm running are with devices all on my LAN. Are your successes on the same LAN or across different LANs?

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. I still can't get it to work. The tests I'm running are with devices all on my LAN. Are your successes on the same LAN or across different LANs?

My wife is using her XOOM right now to Google talk with video to someone 1,200 miles away who is using a Windows vista PC.

mhogan

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I finally got it working! It took a Xoom reboot and some configuration of GMail but I'm up and running. I was hoping to use this as a Skype alternative but it's way too complicated for my barely-computer-literate parents to easily use.

Thanks again for the comments.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma