Launchers in Honeycomb?

Jonno

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using launchers in Honeycomb? I was reading about ADW and learned that launchers are capable in Honeycomb. My question is, what do they do in Honeycomb? The primary feature with phones is changing the homescreen icons (Dial, App Drawer, Messaging, etc). Honeycomb does not have those icons, asides from apps drawer. Does it customize the screen transitions?

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm using LauncherPro. It adds the dock for phone and messaging and such, you can just change them to whatever you want. And screen transitions are customizable. It ends up looking just like it would on the phone except everything is spread out and smaller due to the resolution.

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using launchers in Honeycomb? I was reading about ADW and learned that launchers are capable in Honeycomb. My question is, what do they do in Honeycomb? The primary feature with phones is changing the homescreen icons (Dial, App Drawer, Messaging, etc). Honeycomb does not have those icons, asides from apps drawer. Does it customize the screen transitions?
Adw just came out qith an update that supports honeycomb 3.2. Tablet optimized and it looks good from photos Ive seen. Its not stretched out like other launchers. I haven't tried it for my tablet.

Jonno

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Adw just came out qith an update that supports honeycomb 3.2. Tablet optimized and it looks good from photos Ive seen. Its not stretched out like other launchers. I haven't tried it for my tablet.

Can you link those photos? I'd like to see how they look.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The new adw works great. Better than stock now that the resolution issue is fixed.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Nah I'm not. The stock launcher provides all the features I would look for on my phone, such as scrollable widgets and more columns and rows.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yea after buying adw and tried it. But returned it really don't see a need there's just so much realstate that I only use two screens.