01-02-2012 07:48 PM
755 1234 ...
tools
    What if you purchased the Xoom from someone else. Would we have to contact Verizon on the upgrade?
    Would like answer to this as well, bought my Xoom on CL about 3 months ago. Would we need to activate Xoom on VZW before getting upgrade for LTE?
    Timw72 likes this.
    09-01-2011 08:48 AM
    Bump on the battery life. Can any of you comment?

I notice a significant difference in power consumption.
    I notice a minor difference in power consumption.
    I notice no difference in power consumption.
    OMG! I actually have more power than before!!! It now acts as a power generator for all my household appliances, including my electric car! ;-)

Please check one.
    09-01-2011 10:21 AM
    Would like answer to this as well, bought my Xoom on CL about 3 months ago. Would we need to activate Xoom on VZW before getting upgrade for LTE?
    I think you would need to register it with Motorola. VZW has nothing to do with the upgrade since Xooms are shipped back to Motorola.
    09-01-2011 10:22 AM
    I think you would need to register it with Motorola. VZW has nothing to do with the upgrade since Xooms are shipped back to Motorola.
    If it's just a WiFi version only you wont get the 4G upgrade.
    09-01-2011 04:53 PM
    If you don't activate on VZW, what would be the use of getting the 4G upgrade anyway? 4G is a service from VZW that you subscribe to. Getting the modification and then not activating it would be a complete waste of time. That said, the notification will come from VZW, the form to fill out is through VZW, so no. If you do not have service through VZW you would not be able to register or get the free 4G upgrade. If people don't want to pay for the service and complain about paying for the service, why the excitement to get an upgrade to equipment that would require a subscription in order to use????
    09-01-2011 09:11 PM
    If you don't activate on VZW, what would be the use of getting the 4G upgrade anyway? 4G is a service from VZW that you subscribe to. Getting the modification and then not activating it would be a complete waste of time. That said, the notification will come from VZW, the form to fill out is through VZW, so no. If you do not have service through VZW you would not be able to register or get the free 4G upgrade. If people don't want to pay for the service and complain about paying for the service, why the excitement to get an upgrade to equipment that would require a subscription in order to use????
    You don't need a contract. You can buy data access on a non-contract basis. So, for people who only need 4G when they travel, this makes sense.
    09-02-2011 02:35 PM
    You don't need a contract. You can buy data access on a non-contract basis. So, for people who only need 4G when they travel, this makes sense.
    Only thing that stinks about that is you have to pay the activation fee each time you want to start up service again. Just don't understand why you can't just pay each month you want it and not have a activation fee if you decide to stop service for a few months and then want it back.

sent by CyanogenMod X
    Carlesious likes this.
    09-02-2011 07:45 PM
    Only thing that stinks about that is you have to pay the activation fee each time you want to start up service again. Just don't understand why you can't just pay each month you want it and not have a activation fee if you decide to stop service for a few months and then want it back.

sent by CyanogenMod X
    Yeah, that stinks. It should be like the Ipad which is a post pay plan. When you want it you just activate it on the device and, can stop anytime on the device, with no extra fees.
    Carlesious likes this.
    09-03-2011 06:31 PM
    If you re-read my post, I never said you need a contract. I said you need a subscription. This means you must pay for the ability to use the 4G service on Verizon. You can sign up for a day, a month or 2 years but the contract is always optional. The contract decides the price of the equipment. If you have your own equipment then there is absolutely no contract required. However, to use the 4g service from Verizon wireless REQUIRES a subscription of a length of your choosing. You cannot legally get 4g service from VZW without it.
    09-03-2011 09:13 PM
    Any difference from 3.2 to 3.2.2?

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant
    09-04-2011 01:41 AM

sent by CyanogenMod X
    If you want to stop for a few months then you want to suspend the account, not cancel. That way you do not have to pay th activation fee again. I believe it is only set up to suspend for a few months so if you want it longer you may have to suspend multiple times or they may automatically start back up again.
    09-04-2011 11:36 AM
    I assume no one else has got the 4G upgrade yet, I'm sure ready for it. it will be just in time for the upcoming football season were I can stream Sunday ticket.
    09-05-2011 06:29 PM
    If you want to stop for a few months then you want to suspend the account, not cancel. That way you do not have to pay th activation fee again. I believe it is only set up to suspend for a few months so if you want it longer you may have to suspend multiple times or they may automatically start back up again.
    True but I heard you can only suspend 1 time every six months or 1 time a year and can only do it for so many months at a time. Not sure what one it is but it is limited.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    09-05-2011 10:07 PM
    I hope they start sending out the notices to us "regular" people soon. I got mine on Day as soon as the store opened. I hope I'm one of the first in line to get an upgrade, or I'm going to be pissed!
    09-06-2011 09:02 AM
    True but I heard you can only suspend 1 time every six months or 1 time a year and can only do it for so many months at a time. Not sure what one it is but it is limited.
    Why they insist on making it difficult for users is beyond me. I think there is a fee to suspend the line/account too so it really doesn't make a lot of sense to do that regularly. As soon as my Xoom gets upgraded, I'm selling it. I'll use my Galaxy Tab with wifi only and tether it to my phone.
    09-06-2011 09:58 AM
    I assume no one else has got the 4G upgrade yet, I'm sure ready for it. it will be just in time for the upcoming football season were I can stream Sunday ticket.
    too bad you wont make it past the 1st quarter b4 u use up ur entire monthly allowance
    09-06-2011 05:14 PM
    I haven't heard one single word from either Motorola or Verizon. Verizon just gives the same old song and dance that they have since the first delay on the upgrade.
    09-07-2011 05:55 PM
    I sure as hell haven't. I have received absolutely no notification for the upgrade. Even when people here were saying they received email saying upgrades would begin in September, I received nothing.
    09-07-2011 06:27 PM
    I'm going to go to a Verizon store tomorrow and if I see a Xoom 4G for sale I'll be giving Verizon a nice call and *****ing for a bit. While I sit here with no 4G and they release a tablet with it already is kind of bull****. I have my account registered as my business name and I have yet to receive an email or anything from them.
    09-07-2011 09:18 PM
    I'm going to go to a Verizon store tomorrow and if I see a Xoom 4G for sale I'll be giving Verizon a nice call and *****ing for a bit. While I sit here with no 4G and they release a tablet with it already is kind of bull****. I have my account registered as my business name and I have yet to receive an email or anything from them.
    It's coming soon. Motorola has to wait for Verizon.
    09-08-2011 09:58 AM
    As I stated in a post a few days ago, I have 4G now. I waited to post this to see my impressions. I have yet to get it in an area with 4G but have to admit the battery life has gone WAAYYY down. I am severely disappointed in this. I thought I had some video playback issues but I fixed it with a different player (Rockplayerlite went to crap). No other differences noted yet. I will get to a 4G area in a few days and will let you know my impressions of the 4G speeds. should be schweeeet! Also, anyone see the article on the new ice cream by Ben and Jerry's? Scheddy Balls? It's now my screen saver! too effin funny!
    09-08-2011 10:22 PM
    As I stated in a post a few days ago, I have 4G now. I waited to post this to see my impressions. I have yet to get it in an area with 4G but have to admit the battery life has gone WAAYYY down. I am severely disappointed in this. I thought I had some video playback issues but I fixed it with a different player (Rockplayerlite went to crap). No other differences noted yet. I will get to a 4G area in a few days and will let you know my impressions of the 4G speeds. should be schweeeet! Also, anyone see the article on the new ice cream by Ben and Jerry's? Scheddy Balls? It's now my screen saver! too effin funny!
    Schweddy Balls!
    09-08-2011 10:22 PM
    In the Verizon system, I am a government employee, and while I've received notice of the upgrade coming in September, that's all I've gotten, a bulk e-mail message...

Running out of patients, and when my phone contract expires this winter, I will be changing providers for my entire family - after more years than I can care to remember. I really don't think Verizon knows what these delays, or deceptions, will eventually cost them. Putting the blame on Motor doesn't work for me. Verizon pushed this to market, no one else.
    09-10-2011 08:09 AM
    too bad you wont make it past the 1st quarter b4 u use up ur entire monthly allowance
    I will only be using it on break time at work, ten minutes at a time. That data is actually not that easy to run though as some believe, at least from my experience it's not. I also have a Mifi so, if it runs out I'll just use that. I have a total of 8GB to use between the Xoom and Mifi plans and I plan on using it.

In the Verizon system, I am a government employee, and while I've received notice of the upgrade coming in September, that's all I've gotten, a bulk e-mail message...

Running out of patients, and when my phone contract expires this winter, I will be changing providers for my entire family - after more years than I can care to remember. I really don't think Verizon knows what these delays, or deceptions, will eventually cost them. Putting the blame on Motor doesn't work for me. Verizon pushed this to market, no one else.
    I'm already tired of Verizon and this whole motorola thing. I like the Xoom but, now wish I hadn't purchased it again, especially on contract. In my area I was better off with T-mobile HSPA+
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    09-10-2011 04:27 PM
    I have yet to get it in an area with 4G but have to admit the battery life has gone WAAYYY down.
    I was afraid of this. By how much? Can you pin an approximate percentage of decrease on it?
    09-11-2011 07:04 PM
755 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD