I got my Xoom upgraded to 4G, who else got there's?

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I assume no one else has got the 4G upgrade yet, I'm sure ready for it. it will be just in time for the upcoming football season were I can stream Sunday ticket.

too bad you wont make it past the 1st quarter b4 u use up ur entire monthly allowance

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't heard one single word from either Motorola or Verizon. Verizon just gives the same old song and dance that they have since the first delay on the upgrade.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I assume no one else has got the 4G upgrade yet, I'm sure ready for it. it will be just in time for the upcoming football season were I can stream Sunday ticket.

I sure as hell haven't. I have received absolutely no notification for the upgrade. Even when people here were saying they received email saying upgrades would begin in September, I received nothing.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to go to a Verizon store tomorrow and if I see a Xoom 4G for sale I'll be giving Verizon a nice call and *****ing for a bit. While I sit here with no 4G and they release a tablet with it already is kind of bull****. I have my account registered as my business name and I have yet to receive an email or anything from them.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to go to a Verizon store tomorrow and if I see a Xoom 4G for sale I'll be giving Verizon a nice call and *****ing for a bit. While I sit here with no 4G and they release a tablet with it already is kind of bull****. I have my account registered as my business name and I have yet to receive an email or anything from them.
It's coming soon. Motorola has to wait for Verizon.

ElConquistador1963

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
As I stated in a post a few days ago, I have 4G now. I waited to post this to see my impressions. I have yet to get it in an area with 4G but have to admit the battery life has gone WAAYYY down. I am severely disappointed in this. I thought I had some video playback issues but I fixed it with a different player (Rockplayerlite went to crap). No other differences noted yet. I will get to a 4G area in a few days and will let you know my impressions of the 4G speeds. should be schweeeet! Also, anyone see the article on the new ice cream by Ben and Jerry's? Scheddy Balls? It's now my screen saver! too effin funny!:cool:

ElConquistador1963

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
As I stated in a post a few days ago, I have 4G now. I waited to post this to see my impressions. I have yet to get it in an area with 4G but have to admit the battery life has gone WAAYYY down. I am severely disappointed in this. I thought I had some video playback issues but I fixed it with a different player (Rockplayerlite went to crap). No other differences noted yet. I will get to a 4G area in a few days and will let you know my impressions of the 4G speeds. should be schweeeet! Also, anyone see the article on the new ice cream by Ben and Jerry's? Scheddy Balls? It's now my screen saver! too effin funny!:cool:
Schweddy Balls!

JerryRogan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Government employees?

In the Verizon system, I am a government employee, and while I've received notice of the upgrade coming in September, that's all I've gotten, a bulk e-mail message...

Running out of patients, and when my phone contract expires this winter, I will be changing providers for my entire family - after more years than I can care to remember. I really don't think Verizon knows what these delays, or deceptions, will eventually cost them. Putting the blame on Motor doesn't work for me. Verizon pushed this to market, no one else.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
too bad you wont make it past the 1st quarter b4 u use up ur entire monthly allowance

I will only be using it on break time at work, ten minutes at a time. That data is actually not that easy to run though as some believe, at least from my experience it's not. I also have a Mifi so, if it runs out I'll just use that. I have a total of 8GB to use between the Xoom and Mifi plans and I plan on using it.

In the Verizon system, I am a government employee, and while I've received notice of the upgrade coming in September, that's all I've gotten, a bulk e-mail message...

Running out of patients, and when my phone contract expires this winter, I will be changing providers for my entire family - after more years than I can care to remember. I really don't think Verizon knows what these delays, or deceptions, will eventually cost them. Putting the blame on Motor doesn't work for me. Verizon pushed this to market, no one else.

I'm already tired of Verizon and this whole motorola thing. I like the Xoom but, now wish I hadn't purchased it again, especially on contract. In my area I was better off with T-mobile HSPA+

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I will only be using it on break time at work, ten minutes at a time. That data is actually not that easy to run though as some believe, at least from my experience it's not. I also have a Mifi so, if it runs out I'll just use that. I have a total of 8GB to use between the Xoom and Mifi plans and I plan on using it.

I'm already tired of Verizon and this whole motorola thing. I like the Xoom but, now wish I hadn't purchased it again, especially on contract. In my area I was better off with T-mobile HSPA+

There is a lot of hate to spread around between Verizon and Motorola and how they have handled the Xoom issue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Batwings

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Been lurking here for some time. Finally figured I'd chime in...

I have had my 4G upgrade for a couple of weeks now. The process was fast and no damage done to my Xoom. 4G speeds are nice but I rarely enable mobile data and rely on wifi 99% of the time. Since the upgrade, my battery life is dramitically worse. This is strange because I keep mobile data disabled and use wifi. My battery will drop by 50% just sitting overnight. I can't find an app that seems to be doing anything and battery use just shows a high percentage of use is from the display (which I now have set to time out after 30 seconds and is set to the lowest brightness it can go to).

Before the upgrade, battery life was quite good, now I regret doing the upgrade.

Anyone have any suggestions on what could be killing the battery?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Been lurking here for some time. Finally figured I'd chime in...

I have had my 4G upgrade for a couple of weeks now. The process was fast and no damage done to my Xoom. 4G speeds are nice but I rarely enable mobile data and rely on wifi 99% of the time. Since the upgrade, my battery life is dramitically worse. This is strange because I keep mobile data disabled and use wifi. My battery will drop by 50% just sitting overnight. I can't find an app that seems to be doing anything and battery use just shows a high percentage of use is from the display (which I now have set to time out after 30 seconds and is set to the lowest brightness it can go to).

Before the upgrade, battery life was quite good, now I regret doing the upgrade.

Anyone have any suggestions on what could be killing the battery?

I'm not sure. Every mobile device I've had that had some version of 4G (LTE, HSPA+...etc) have had short battery life compared to other devices.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Government employees?

You are running out of 'patients'?! LMAO!! Wow..
I'm always amazed when I see such "scholarly" levels of writing skills of so called "educated" people. AND you're a government employee?! How sad. I'm Mexican, and even though English is my second language, I still know the difference between 'patients' and 'patience'! You should leave those kinds of mistakes for people like myself! Lol

While your here you may want to take some grammar, punctuation classes, and a remedial sentence structure class might help as well.

Back on topic, nothing from Verizon or Moto about my upgrade yet.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
If you don't activate on VZW, what would be the use of getting the 4G upgrade anyway? 4G is a service from:eek: VZW that you subscribe to. Getting the modification and then not activating it would be a complete waste of time. That said, the notification will come from VZW, the form to fill out is through VZW, so no. If you do not have service through VZW you would not be able to register or get the free 4G upgrade. If people don't want to pay for the service and complain about paying for the service, why the excitement to get an upgrade to equipment that would require a subscription in order to use????

Never said I wanted the upgrade just to have it, and not use it. How long are you without a Xoom for? Weeks? Why in blue hell do I want to start my LTE service and then immediately ship my Xoom out for a week? Maybe 2 weeks? Is VZW going to prorate my service while it's at Motorla? Once I get LTE on the Xoom, I will contact Verizon. Makes more sense to me.

pappyfire

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
It's been several days since anyone posted that they got their Xoom upgraded, have they stopped upgrading? Anyone heard anything?
As for me, I'm still waiting........

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
According to Motorola -- Upgrades will still happen this month. Read my exchange with them Below. I have removed my name and email address:

Dear XXXXX,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.

The Free LTE Upgrade will be avalaible this September, but we do not have the specific date.

Please register to the link to recive the notification:

Motorola Xoom Upgrade - Verizon Wireless.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola Home - Motorola USA

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Don
Customer By Web Form (XXXXX XXXXX)09/16/2011 01:01 PM
Don -- What is a reasonable time frame for this upgrade now? Can I expect a notice within 4 weeks, two month, the 1 year anniversary of when I bought the device? Please set my expectations properly. My expectations were not set properly when I bought the Xoom. That is the source of my frustrations. Please, please, please communicate with your consumers!!!

XXXXX
Via Email (Don)09/16/2011 12:32 PM
Dear XXXXX,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience but rest assured that there will be an update for the Xoom.

All Motorola XOOM tablets on the Verizon Wireless network are eligible to receive an upgrade to support 4G LTE. This includes those that have been unlocked; however, those units must be submitted for upgrade with the original factory software reinstalled and the device relocked in order to receive the upgrade.

For devices that are returned unlocked, Motorola will attempt to complete the upgrade, but may be unable to update the software. In these cases, the device will be returned to the consumer with just the 4G LTE modem installed.

If you would like to be notified when this upgrade is available, visit the following website and register to be notified when available:

Motorola Xoom Upgrade - Verizon Wireless.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola Home - Motorola USA

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Don
Customer By Web Form (XXXXXX XXXXX)09/16/2011 12:20 PM
To whom it may concern,

I’ve been a loyal Motorola product user for the past few years. Recently I’ve owned the Droid, Doroid X, Xoom, and now the Droid Bionic. They are all excellent devices, and I’m very happy with your build quality.

I purchased the Xoom on the very first day it became available on a two year contract with Verizon, with the expectation that I would receive an LTE upgrade “soon”. Its now almost been 7 months without an upgrade. To me that is not soon.

I’ve stopped in several Verizon stores over the past 7 months, and every time I ask they tell me that the upgrade will happen “soon”. When ever I have a customer service issue and I call in, I also ask them about the LTE upgrade. Their answer is always soon.

When I called Verizon yesterday, something different happened. They told me to hold while they contacted Motorola directly. After holding on and off for about 30 minutes, the Verizon representative that helped me said she spoke to someone in your Android Support center (1-800-734-5870). Her conclusion was that Verizon was waiting on Motorola to approve the updates, and I should call and contact Motorola directly, and there was nothing further Verizon could do for me.

I’m not sure who’s fault this really is, but you now have a disgruntled consumer of Motorola products and Verizon Wireless services. I’m very tempted to never do business with either of these companies again.

When, if ever, can I expect my Motorola Xoom to be upgraded to LTE? Will there be any type of compensation for the early adopters of the Xoom like myself who have waited a long time for this upgrade? Is there anything you can do for me now to make me a happy consumer of your products?

Thank you very much,

XXXXX XXXXXXX
XXXXX.XXXXXX@gmail.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781