Tethering the Xoom to a Droid Bionic

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Since buying the Bionic on release day, I have been seriously considering adding the 4G hotspot feature to the Bionic. Does anyone else here use the legitimate wifi hotspot feature? If so, how well does it work with the Xoom? I get a 20% discount on features, so it would be $6 off the $30 fee, or $24. If I drop the insurance that I currently have, that would knock another $6 off my monthly charges, making it $18 a month. That would be much cheaper than having a separate data plan for the Xoom.

Also, has anyone tried pulling the 4G SIM card out of a Bionic and inserting it into the Xoom to see if it works? My Xoom hasn't been upgraded yet, so I can't try it.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You can tether, but 4g must be disabled. It will only tether in 3g. Now once the upgrade is done that may change. I've been trying to find someone on 3.2.2 who has a Bionic that can test the 4g tether.

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I use the 4g hot spot, and it works flawlessly. No connection drop out issues. It has a pretty short range of transmission, like I'll have one bar from across the room. And I plug my phone on when I'm using the hot spot since it's a battery drain.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
tethering as a feature doesnt get the discount...good way verizon gets ya...just the original data plan gets it...

Yeah...you're wrong.

I get 19% off my plan and all features on the primary phone. I went to the Verizon site, and acted like I was going to add the hot spot to my phone, and it showed the price as $30.00 crossed out with the $24.30. See the attached screen shot.

hotspot.jpg

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I was talking aabout Bluetooth tether, free, no app and uses the unlimited plan.

Interesting. I tried the Bluetooth tethering, but I never thought to turn off the LTE. I will have to try the Bluetooth tethering with only 3G enabled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969