Stupid question...when you guys sent your Xoom back to Motorola for the 4G upgrade, did you put it in the box face-up or face-down? I inserted mine face-down so that if something stuck through the box, it would not damage the screen. in retrospect, I can see that it really doesn't matter which side gets damaged. I was just wondering if anyone else even thought about it.
    10-04-2011 09:46 AM
    Stupid question...when you guys sent your Xoom back to Motorola for the 4G upgrade, did you put it in the box face-up or face-down? I inserted mine face-down so that if something stuck through the box, it would not damage the screen. in retrospect, I can see that it really doesn't matter which side gets damaged. I was just wondering if anyone else even thought about it.
    Face up here with the extra foam padding on top.

I also included a print out of my RMA email.

I also put my RMA number on a sticky note, and attached that to my Xoom.

There is no way I could help that they would misplace it.
    10-04-2011 10:35 AM
    Face up here with the extra foam padding on top.
    Ok, then I am going to assume that I completely missed the fact that there were two flat pieces of foam and that I was supposed to put the Xoom between them. DOH!
    10-04-2011 10:38 AM
    I sent mine face up. If it gets damaged, I guess someone will owe me a new one.
    Medickas likes this.
    10-04-2011 10:40 AM
    Ok, then I am going to assume that I completely missed the fact that there were two flat pieces of foam and that I was supposed to put the Xoom between them. DOH!
    There was an extra piece of foam in the bottom of the box.
    10-04-2011 10:42 AM
    Did anybody read the paper that came with the box? It even showed pictures of how to send your device back.
    10-04-2011 11:50 AM
    Did anybody read the paper that came with the box? It even showed pictures of how to send your device back.
    You mean the little red square pamphlet that included gems such as:

"While Motorola will try to preserve the integrity of the data on your Motorola XOOM, there may be circumstances where Motorola will have to access information stored on your tablet or perform a factory reset..."?

in other words, "We may have to wipe everything you've spent hours getting set up just the way you liked it". Nice!
    10-04-2011 02:23 PM
    YUP! Look on in your "How To Upgrade your Motorola XOOM to 4G LTE Service" guide. Step 4, Example I.

You should be fine.......

I hope.
    10-04-2011 04:02 PM
    I sent my Xoom back just now. I didn't see the extra foam pad so I decided to ship my Xoom faced down. The envelope had bubble wrap so I wasn't worried.
    10-04-2011 05:43 PM
    My box had a little book. I glanced at it last night, but it was all irrelevant since I had already reset the device. I just picked it up and looked at the last page and saw the packaging instructions. It seems like that would have been better at three front of the book.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    10-04-2011 08:40 PM
    I forgot to put the packing list from the email in the box. They emailed me saying they got it so, I hope it doen't get mixed up. I guess I'll have to call them if i don't get it back or there is any problem.
    10-04-2011 09:29 PM
    I sent my Xoom back just now. I didn't see the extra foam pad so I decided to ship my Xoom faced down. The envelope had bubble wrap so I wasn't worried.
    The extra foam pad was in the space where you were supposed to place the Xoom. It was easy to overlook because it looked like the bottom of the foam frame.
    10-04-2011 10:26 PM
    I bet I top all of you off lol. I sent mine back with my crappy 16GB memory card in it from my Droid X. At least I have an excuse to go buy a 32GB now if it's not returned!
    10-05-2011 12:51 AM
    I bet I top all of you off lol. I sent mine back with my crappy 16GB memory card in it from my Droid X. At least I have an excuse to go buy a 32GB now if it's not returned!
    I remembered to pull the sd card out. But I did order a new 32g for it. I had 32g in it but traded it with the Bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    10-05-2011 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD