Fedex lost My Xoom when I sent it in for my 4g upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

davustek

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
After waiting 6mths for the 4g upgrade (I bought it the day it was released) I finally got notice to send in my Xoom for the 4g upgrade. It was suppossed to be delivered today per my tracking #, and after waiting all day and it not arriving I called Fedex and was told first that it would be "probably" delivered tomorrow but to call back this afternoon to check on the progress... I called back and was told it was "misplaced" but not lost, and that I should contact Motorola in case they cannot find it!
I called Motorola and was told a customer service rep. would get back to me but the office was closed at 7:00 Est. and someone would contact me "sometime" tomorrow.
In the meantime I'm paying for a data plan and have no Tablet and keep getting shifted from one place to another... Just wanted everyone on this forum and every other forum I will be posting this on to know how Motorola treats its customers.
I will NEVER buy another Motorola product again! And encourage anyone who's had to wait, first off for the ridiculous amount of time without any notice for the SD card update than the 4g upgrade that there are much better options than Motorola.
My next call is to Verizon to see waht they can do...

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Probably going to get flamed for this but the fact that your tablet got lost in the mail is not Moto's fault but the fault of FedEx. Sorry that you had such a bad experience but hey you will probably end up with a brand new xoom.

ithinkimjoe

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Probably going to get flamed for this but the fact that your tablet got lost in the mail is not Moto's fault but the fault of FedEx. Sorry that you had such a bad experience but hey you will probably end up with a brand new xoom.

not trying to flame you, but part is this is moto's fault for making customers send in their xooms in the first place..

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
UH yeah, this is FedEx's fault, not motorola. And it's only been 1 day, oh no wait, it hasn't yet. Chill out, give them until tomorrow to call you back like they said they would. Stuff happens, maybe it got put on the wrong truck or left at the distribution center, but seriously this level of anger over a slight delay isn't healthy.

smathew4

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
not trying to flame you, but part is this is moto's fault for making customers send in their xooms in the first place..

you bought the Xoom knowing it would eventually have to be sent in for 4G upgrade. ridiculous that you're directing your anger at them and not FedEx. that being said, it was probably improperly scanned and at a sorting facility somewhere. hopefully you get it in the next couple days

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Everyone relax. Guy can be upset but I to thinks its on fedex. I'm sure they will find it if not you will have a new one. It stinks but we all knew the day we bought them they needed to be upgrade. Hopefully it shows up tomorrow.

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I dislike Fedex far more than I dislike Motorola. Fedex sucks!

Sent from my 4G Xoom using Tapatalk.

It could be worse, it could be the usps. I had them misplace a replacement phone I sent back to Verizon for 3 months before they delivered it.

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
After waiting 6mths for the 4g upgrade (I bought it the day it was released) I finally got notice to send in my Xoom for the 4g upgrade. It was suppossed to be delivered today per my tracking #, and after waiting all day and it not arriving I called Fedex and was told first that it would be "probably" delivered tomorrow but to call back this afternoon to check on the progress... I called back and was told it was "misplaced" but not lost, and that I should contact Motorola in case they cannot find it!
I called Motorola and was told a customer service rep. would get back to me but the office was closed at 7:00 Est. and someone would contact me "sometime" tomorrow.
In the meantime I'm paying for a data plan and have no Tablet and keep getting shifted from one place to another... Just wanted everyone on this forum and every other forum I will be posting this on to know how Motorola treats its customers.
I will NEVER buy another Motorola product again! And encourage anyone who's had to wait, first off for the ridiculous amount of time without any notice for the SD card update than the 4g upgrade that there are much better options than Motorola.
My next call is to Verizon to see waht they can do...

Ummm what am I missing? FedEx misplaced you Xoom and your pissed at Motorola? You paying for data plan? Did you not know you were going to have to send it into them to get 4G? And it been 1 day? Iam sure they will kick you back the $3 your out for the extra day.

Iam however never ever going to use FedEx as a cell phone provider any more!

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
This is why it is sent insured. Insurance against being lost or stolen or broken during shipping. With the insurance you get Motorola to make a claim and that will pay for a new xoom. You can't get upset about the fact that the new device won't have your stuff as before you sent it you had to agree that they cab factory reset if they have to. Motorola did this right. They paid forshipping and for insurance for the off chance they would need it. Maybe it sucks being in your situation right now, but you have to first allow Motorola to serve you as a customer before you call them out for poor customer service. Verizon is wagon you need to talk to to suspend your device if that is your concern. Motorola has yet to do anything wrong. Give them a chance... if they blow it then... well, then we can go somewhere with this. As for now, just gotta be patient... don't get too upset too early.... whatever that means. Good luck, and get mad at fedex.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my XOOM off directly at a FedEx office. When I came back out, I noticed I was missing a stem cap for one of my tires, so I went to Pep Boys to get new valve stem caps. Since Pep Boys was near the mall, I decided to stop in and get a few things that I've been putting off.

When I got back to the mall parking lot, I found that a bird had relieved itself on my windshield. That's not only disgusting, but it's dangerous. What if that bird was carrying bird flu? I could get sick an so could my family. Heck, one of them could die!

So that's it!!! I AM NEVER BUYING A MOTOROLA PRODUCT AGAIN!!! I reach out to every single one of you so you can clearly see for yourselves how MOTOROLA HAS NEGLIGENTLY PUT MY FAMILY IN MORTAL JEOPARDY!!! One of my family members almost died because of those Motorola pigs! When... oh... when will they stop this lunacy and start respecting their customers?!?!

:) :D :p :confused: :cool:

thegunslinger1

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my XOOM off directly at a FedEx office. When I came back out, I noticed I was missing a stem cap for one of my tires, so I went to Pep Boys to get new valve stem caps. Since Pep Boys was near the mall, I decided to stop in and get a few things that I've been putting off.

When I got back to the mall parking lot, I found that a bird had relieved itself on my windshield. That's not only disgusting, but it's dangerous. What if that bird was carrying bird flu? I could get sick an so could my family. Heck, one of them could die!

So that's it!!! I AM NEVER BUYING A MOTOROLA PRODUCT AGAIN!!! I reach out to every single one of you so you can clearly see for yourselves how MOTOROLA HAS NEGLIGENTLY PUT MY FAMILY IN MORTAL JEOPARDY!!! One of my family members almost died because of those Motorola pigs! When... oh... when will they stop this lunacy and start respecting their customers?!?!

:) :D :p :confused: :cool:

Me too, I am outraged!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
1 This is Fedex's fault not MOTOROLA. You need to give them a chance to fix it. One more day won't kill you. The shipment is insured so even if they don't find it for some reason you get them to buy you a new one. But honestly its way too early to call in the national guard.

2. You knew that you would need to physically ship off the device to get the upgrade when you bought it. Or at least you should have if you looked into it at all. They havput a gune always been forthright about that.

3. You did not Have to ship it off. Moto and VZW didn't put a gun to, your head and say send us your tablet now or else! The tablet woud not suddenly stop working one day if you decided to leave it on 3G. The the choice was always yours.

4. If it means that much to you call version and ask for a bill credit card for the time it was at Moto

5. Take a deep breath, relax, and give them a chance to make it right.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I dislike Fedex far more than I dislike Motorola. Fedex sucks!

Sent from my 4G Xoom using Tapatalk.

+1000 also!

I would definitely not blame Motorola. Whenever I order stuff anymore, I make it a point NOT to have it shipped FedEx if I have a choice! At least in our local area, I can say that every time they've delivered a package to us, they marked the tag "left at front door", when it was actually thrown down in the driveway, and left out in the rain (not even in a plastic bag either, like UPS does). We have also had missing packages from them that had to be re-shipped by the manufacturer (most recently a $1700 lighting fixture. HOW do you "lose" a big package like that!? lol). So I feel where you're coming from. Hope you get it soon!

mhogan

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
When I received mine back, the box was wet and damaged. It was so bad I took pictures to document the unwrapping in case my Zoom was hosed. Fortunately, the I side boxes were OK.

-Mike

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
No updates to this thread by the OP since the original rant, this "member" joined in March of 2011. This rant was his second post for some reason I am starting to suspect this was BS from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech