Constant force close

WFMike

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello I'm looking for some help with a force close problem I'm having, it's not the first time it's happened to my Xoom. Last time I ended up just doing a factory reset to make it stop, but it's back and I have no intentions of doing that again and having to restore all my apps and settings.

The force close that pops up is com.android.process.gapps I have no clue what that is, but it pops up with just about everything I do. For example every time a new webpage is loading or while a new app is running, hell even on my main screen.

WFMike

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Still hoping for some help, but in the meantime i've noticed that the force close only starts when whatever I'm doing is Internet based. The most often is using web browser, but happens while using apps accessing Internet also.

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me a while ago and I believe I removed my gmail accounts (Settings > Accounts & Sync) and then added them again. I'll try to find the thread where I found the fix.

WFMike

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So I just realized something that I'm sure is connected to the force closes! I noticed every time the force close pops up my Google talk logs out like it's being forced closed, on top of that when I was chatting on GTalk the force close popped up a couple times and closed it. Now assuming the force close is coming from Google talk how do I fix it?

P. S. I logged out of Google talk and haven't seen any force closes.