Anyone else switching to the prime

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had my wifi xoom since launch and have loved being an early adapter of the product and all apps that came out along the way, but it's time to upgrade.

I'll miss the xoom build. A lot of people knocked the weight but I never minded it, but feels solid and I love the tiny bezel.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what the "Prime" is, but my next tablet will be at least twice as fast and twice as many cores. That means 2 Ghz quad core. I just don't understand what the "Prime" can do that the Xoom can't. 99% percent of the people who see my Xoom just assume it's an ipad any way.

Sent from my 4G Xoom using Tapatalk.

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
He is talking about the Asus Transformer Prime. First tablet with quad core Tegra 3 chipset, really it has 5 cores but that's besides the point. I want the prime but I'm not sure yet. Being rooted and overclocked really gives me the speed and stability I need. The Xoom will most likely be the first tablet to get ICS, I'm sure of it. Really I don't think I need to upgrade now, I might try and wait for the real Xoom 2, not this XYboard junk.

Sent from my Xoom

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yea I have gone back and forth on it. Another factor is the xoom still has a pretty good resell value. I can get about 400 for my wifi with all accessories.

Even if the prime Is not my final tablet for a while. I'll be able to sell the prime for something better.

Wait another 5 months and the xoom may be bringing 200

Viventis

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I read an article saying that the Prime will be the second tablet to get ICS, supposedly at the end of December. The first is some sub $100 tablet sold in China.

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Keeping mine it still does everything I need, will see how it does with ICS.

i like the weight of the xoom for at home use on the couch.. it feels solid.. but i really want something thinner and lighter for traveling and work. which this obviously is.

and the screen on the xoom is terrible. the screen on the prime is top of line.

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes I will be buying the Prime w keyboard. That combo is very attractive. I will be keeping my Xoom. Always will need it. Family loves it.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I have decided to buy the Prime and either sell my Xoom or give it to a family member or something. I want a tablet thats lighter and thinner and the Prime with keyboard combo just looks to good to pass up.

slwerner

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have decided to buy the Prime and either sell my Xoom or give it to a family member or something. I want a tablet thats lighter and thinner and the Prime with keyboard combo just looks to good to pass up.

Looks like we will soon find out if the rumors of the Transformer Prime being delayed until sometime in the beginning of next year are true or not. Scheduled for release the week of 12/19, but still the rumors about it's week WiFI persist (Asus Transformer Prime possibly delayed until early 2012 for 'Wifi issues').

Those who put their money down on a pre-order for the TP must be on the edge of their seats.

Personally, I'd been giving the TPrime some thought...at least until this:

[Rumor] Samsung To Unveil An 11.6" 2560x1600px Tablet At Mobile World Congress In February 2012

I had hoped that tablets would get bigger (I'd like to see 13-14 inches eventually), and higher resolution. The rumors of this bigger Samsung should help to push the development of bigger devices, which could also have more memory, as well as full-sized ports and card slots, and all while still allowing for the wireless LTE option (not apparent that LTE will ever be available on the ASUS tablets).

Anyway, I've still got more than a year on my LTE Xoom contract anyway, so I plan to just keep on getting the most out of my Xoom while I watch the new tablet developments unfold.

The question posed in this thread was in regard to people planning to ditch their Xoom's to switch to the T-Prime. I think that a better way to go about the consideration of doing so would be to ask: "Is there enough to be gained by such a switch to make it worth the additional $500(+)?

I, for one, am not convinced. For new buyers, it would be a better choice, but for those who already own a Xoom (or Acer, or Samsung, etc; for that matter), it seems a bit more dubious a jump too make [/$0.02]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech