Any Tips to Correct LAG? -apps? Free RAM

mricchio

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
It's been a few months now since i got my XOOM-WIFI, only complaint is that i noticed the system LAGS ALOT more. ive cleared out unused apps.

Any Apps-that work great for Cleanups?

Also noticed that after surfing the internet, playing games, etc and hit the window button it shows a list of 15+ apps. is there anyway to close all these to free up RAM?
I've been rebooting it but, when i try and show my tablet of i have to wait for the Xoom to reboot, aka long waiting game.

I've heard mixed opinions on task killers but not too sure.

-XOOM Dork

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Android does a good job of handling itself. You can try watchdog if you want a task killer or try fast reboot for a quick restart of everything running.

Sent from my Xoom

ethion

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I use system panel. I have the same issue after a couple days something just starts to lag everything out. I can't find what but I have found that putting a system panel kill all widget on the desktop will work at bringing my tablet back when it is so lagged that I can't even open settings.

I love my tablet except for this one issue. Oh one thing about killing all you will want to exclude some tasks. You can do this from the main app.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

kennycrudup

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
If you're rooted, try my latest kernel: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12011163/latest-xoom-kernel.zip (it's also overclocked to 1.5GHz and rooted. Be sure to read the README file.)

I HATED that lag- it really took away from my Xoom when after using the tablet for a while, launching some apps would take literally minutes. So I tracked it down, and found out the issue wasn't that Android wasn't killing things off soon enough, it was that it was killing them off too soon; the net effect was we were thrashing in the VM as too many apps were restarting and/or hitting the disk.

So, after a lot of examination and testing, I've changed several VM parameters, tuned the Android process-memory limits and rewrote the algorithm for the kernel's Low-Memory Killer. I've been running this kernel for nearly two weeks now and it works great for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance