Android.process.media Force Close

Signewton

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey forum,

For about the past week or so every time I start my Xoom I get the message "Android.process.media force close" about a minute or so after I boot it up.

I've read many of the other posts in the forums about this topic but nothing has helped. So far I've cleared the date and cache on the gallery app, download app, and the media storage app but i'm still getting the message. I've read that the android market could be causing the problem so I've cleared data, cache and even uninstalled the updates on the market and i'm still getting the message. I thought it could be something with my external SD Card so I took the card out and thought that would be but it didn't either.

It doesn't seem to be causing any problems just annoying. I haven't done a full reset to factory but I don't really want to do that unless I have some certainty that it would fix the problem.

I'm running stock honeycomb 3.2 unrooted. Any help wold be much appreciated! Thanks!

kennycrudup

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, it's been happening to me, too. Provided we're not saving pix from the exact same pr0n sites :) , the fact someone else is seeing it (and shortly after clearing Media-Scanner's cache ) makes me suspect the issue is somehow tied to the Picasa integration.

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a different force close issue occur and I found removing my google accounts and then re adding them helped. it might be worth a shot.

matthimrod

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this issue as well. I was going to post about it, but I've been too lazy to do so. I skimmed enough of the crash report to figure out that it was an out of memory exception, but otherwise I don't have any other information. I assumed it was connected to my deleting a cache folder that had 40,000 files in it from a poorly-written app, but after reading this I'm second guessing my assumption.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have also just started seeing this and can't associate it with any particular activity on my part. (Stock WiFi Xoom).

Dave

Signewton

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Glad i'm not the only one having the problem but still sucks for us :(.

I haven't thought of the picasa intergration but i'll look into that. It makes sense as the message pops up about a minute after start up and then never happens again. I"m glad it's not having any performance impacts. Maybe once ICS hits the xoom it'll go away.

I'll keep looking into it and if I find anything out i'll post. Have a good Christmas!

Signewton

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I donot have a picasa app installed, it just shows in my gallery I guess cause I have it syncing . I have power amp on my xoom and never thought of that causing a problem. I use it on my atrix and never saw this particular message. Have you uninstalled power amp and see if that makes a difference?

Update :uninstalled power amp, restarted and still got the error. Happened when I was downloading something from the Market. Weird

Last edited:

dweissinger

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I am new here but I have been fighting this issue since early November. I recently performed the following steps and my xoom has been running great with no errors for about 24 hours of usage. I performed the following steps.

I cleared the media storage data. (I know this didn't do much)

I uninstalled Google currents.

I I went into the amazon app store settings and cleared data.

I noticed that the Amazon app store was using almost 2.5gb of data. I am not a super expert of android but these steps seemed to have helped. Let me know if any of these steps help anyone else.

Thanks,
Dave W

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I recently updated to ICS and had to do the media storage data clear to fix some issues I was having with the SD card. It was noted elsewhere that some HC apps were damaging the media database and that the ICS problems I had were related to that. As I said earlier in this thread, I had this same process failure under HC.

Dave

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I contacted Motorola about this and one other problem, under settings /apps and sync trying to add Facebook but it will not add. They did not have a clue and one even tried to tell me about the SD card was not crippled . I don't like to complain but as little as I know they knew less and it was level 2 two tech
support. Still love the Xoom™ and now with ICS even more so.

mhogan

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm also seeing this problem. I've got a stock LTE Xoom running 3.2.6. I've also been having issues being able to see my Xoom files/folders via the USB cable. I expect the issues are connected somehow.

Signewton

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I ended up going back to factory settings when my xoom was on 3.2 and it seemed to go away. But good things don't last and it started coming back in ICS. I haven't really found the reason that caused it. I ended up resetting to factory once on ICS and it went away for a few days. Then today it started happening again :( I cleared data and cache both in download manager and in media and it seemed to stop the issue.

I used to think it was my SD card so I took that out for a bit but it ended up not being the case. I guess it's just an issue i'll have to deal with from time to time.

Running stock wifi xoom on 4.0.3

Signewton

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
@mhogan

I had that issue too once I cleared the data on the media app. Only way I figured out how to fix it was to do a compete reset.

breeyhanna21

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey forum,

For about the past week or so every time I start my Xoom I get the message "Android.process.media force close" about a minute or so after I boot it up.

I've read many of the other posts in the forums about this topic but nothing has helped. So far I've cleared the date and cache on the gallery app, download app, and the media storage app but i'm still getting the message. I've read that the android market could be causing the problem so I've cleared data, cache and even uninstalled the updates on the market and i'm still getting the message. I thought it could be something with my external SD Card so I took the card out and thought that would be but it didn't either.

It doesn't seem to be causing any problems just annoying. I haven't done a full reset to factory but I don't really want to do that unless I have some certainty that it would fix the problem.

I'm running stock honeycomb 3.2 unrooted. Any help wold be much appreciated! Thanks!

im having the same problem, pls kindly help me. thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae