Very disappointed that we haven't gotten ICS on the Xoom yet.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I understand that it has only been a month since it was released, but it's not like Motorola got it on release day. I'm sure they got it when Samsung got it, and I'm sure that was not on Galaxy Nexus release day. We've been treated badly by Motorola since day one, so I should not be surprised. I guess I never learn.

Sent from my 4G Xoom using Tapatalk.

sfbates

Jan 24, 2011
www.twitter.com
No one else has it yet.
And I'd expect the xyborg or whatever to get it before we do.
We are old technology, sadly.
I don't expect to see it until mid 2012

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, after the way Motorola has treated Xoom owners, I have already decided that I will never buy another Motorola device.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, after the way Motorola has treated Xoom owners, I have already decided that I will never buy another Motorola device.

You and me both.

They were months late getting us upgraded to 4G LTE. Do you honestly expect them to roll out ICS quickly?

Their baby is the Xyborg now. Let's keep in mind that was rolled out barely two months after they got off of their collective rear ends to upgrade the Xoom.

They have never liked the Xoom or those of us who purchased it in my opinion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I doubt the Xyborg (sp?) will get ICS before the Xoom. The Xoom is a pure Google device and should get the update in a couple of weeks. And a few more after that too. Remember that the new Moto Tabs have Blur so that will take a bit more work.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I doubt the Xyborg (sp?) will get ICS before the Xoom. The Xoom is a pure Google device and should get the update in a couple of weeks. And a few more after that too. Remember that the new Moto Tabs have Blur so that will take a bit more work.

Unless Motorola wants to blur the heck out of it.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Unless Motorola wants to blur the heck out of it.

Moto can't put Blur on the 3G/4G/WiFi Xooms. They are contractually obligated to keep them as GED's. The Xoom will get ICS before the Xyborgs since the update will come direct from Google. The WiFi Xoom looks to be getting its ICS soak test shortly. The VZW Xoom will likely be a few weeks later since VZW will need to approve the update. My guess is we'll see ICS on the GED Xoom within the next month.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I understand that it has only been a month since it was released, but it's not like Motorola got it on release day. I'm sure they got it when Samsung got it, and I'm sure that was not on Galaxy Nexus release day. We've been treated badly by Motorola since day one, so I should not be surprised. I guess I never learn.

Hey we haven't even gotten official ICS yet on the Nexus S 4G! What is that telling you? The Nexus family should all have it before it goes to any other devices and that isn't even happening at this point...

kennycrudup

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Relax will ya, so they release something that isn't quite ready, just so you can turn around and cry that it sucks?
THIS.

I'm running ICS on my LTE OG Xoom now. Almost everything works, incl. LTE, but it still needs some polishing. A company can't just put out experimental code like we in the Dev community can.

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes ICS IS awesome, I've been running the nightly builds on my OG xoom.

Devs are much faster and it still baffles me how people with other jobs and families still produce better and faster work than the company that actually made the product. This is Moto's job but they still seem to suck at it.

All my support goes to the devs, root your xoom, its easy amd adds so much.

Sent from my Echo
heartheecho.webs.com

kennycrudup

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Devs are much faster and it still baffles me how people with other jobs and families still produce better and faster work than the company that actually made the product. This is Moto's job but they still seem to suck at it.
You've obviously never had to release a shipping hardware/software product, nor been a professional Dev.

We can slap untested isht together then fix it tomorrow and offer no support, it's free and we make no guarantees. I couldn't do that at the Day Job, though. Moto et al., have an obligation for quality- everything has to work, and for a long time, and be supported.

I don't have a keyboard dictionary, nor several other features, but as it's not official, I don't care now. But were this released code (the onus of which mostly lies on Google for the Xoom) it'd THEN be worth b-tching about.

lobobuzz

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Totally love my Xoom, didn't have any issues with the 4G upgrade (thx Moto for the charger stand) and am in no rush for ICS. IMO, this device is freaking awesome as it is!!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
One the wifixoom is a google experience product not the 4g version. Second moto has started the process for wifi xoom to get the ics should b this week for the testers. Also nexus S has ics just not sprint version. So what does that say for vzw nexus at upgrade time.

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
All U.S. xooms are ged devices. They have no overlays of any kind. So 3g/4g xooms are ged's.

Sent from my Echo
nextgenandroidforums.com

deecoop0351

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the xoom since it came out and hC has too many issues SD card the lag on home screen. Performance just gets bad after a few hours on it. HC just wasn't ready and android has given up on it and since the xoom 2 came out its not looking good for the original xoom to get ics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC