Xoom LTE soak test on the way

sethwardo

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
got this in my inbox this morning

Hi.

Thanks for joining the Motorola Feedback Network. We may have a small project for owners of Motorola Xooms on Verizon. Participants must have had their Xooms upgraded to LTE to take part.

At this point, we can't positively confirm that the project will go forward, but if it does, the timing will be fast and we thought it best to prepare a group to provide feedback.

So, if you can live with some uncertainty, please take a moment to sign up here.

Thats all the information I have to share at this time. If you sign up and meet the conditions of the project -- and it actually goes forward -- more will be provided.

Regards,

reishus

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the ICS "soak test" for the Transformer Prime has been to release the upgrade generally, then try to figure out what issues users will end up havingl[/URL]

I don't understand. If I were to remove the word "generally" from your sentence, it all makes sense. Maybe I'm smokin' crack, but it don't make no sense to me.:):):):)

slwerner

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand. If I were to remove the word "generally" from your sentence, it all makes sense. Maybe I'm smokin' crack, but it don't make no sense to me.:):):):)

Generally, as in "to everyone, all at once", as opposed to releasing to a select few who are best situated to identify and report back on issues found.

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else received one for the LTE version? I've been in the MFN for a while and didn't get an email.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Darn you TallyHo!!! I thought there would be some new or good news in here. Got my hopes up. :p

Anyone know anything more about the Verizon LTE Soak Test????

mloebl

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping someone would post something soon too, but guess it's quiet :( I'm loving ICS on my phone, so looking forward to it on my Xoom; especially the data usage monitor which is a feature it should have had since day 1 :)

-Mike

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I received the same invitation, but after reading the requirements, I didn't fill out the form. One of the requirements was that the Xoom has a current Verizon 4G data plan. I don't have a data plan, so I will wait for the final release.

Sent from my 4G Xoom using Tapatalk.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
How long ago did you receive the request?

Things have been quiet on the LTE Xoom forums.

Sent from my Epic CM7 Android via Tapatalk

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I suspect we may hear something as soon as tomorrow about the Verizon Xoom's, since the WiFi Xooms deployment is fully under way. Keeping my sticky fingers crossed.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
OK, I lied. I just went and checked my wifi Xoom, and the upgrade was ready to install. It took five minutes, and everything is working great!

Sent from my 4G Xoom using Tapatalk.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has to sign off on the 4G LTE Xoom update. So, it will take a bit longer...sadly. I wouldn't bet on seeing it this week or even next. It's not impossible, but, I'd not get my hopes up.

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has to sign off on the 4G LTE Xoom update. So, it will take a bit longer...sadly. I wouldn't bet on seeing it this week or even next. It's not impossible, but, I'd not get my hopes up.

Makes a lot of sense. Wonder if there is a way to find out if its in their hands?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Taking into consideration VZW has to sign off on it, I'd give it another month to two.

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Makes a lot of sense. Wonder if there is a way to find out if its in their hands?

It's a good question. I would have to guess that yes, they have it. For how long? I don't have a clue. But it's not much more than the WIFI update with the LTE radio files included afaik. I don't think it'll take nearly as long as their phone testing usually does.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Taking into consideration VZW has to sign on off on it, I'd give it another month to two.

No, I don't think it'll take quite that long. As I just said, it's not the same as phone testing. They just have to verify that the new radio files don't break the network. Other than that, it's still a GED so, as long as it doesn't blow stuff up, it should get released fairly quickly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci