02-10-2012 10:49 PM
72 123
tools
    got this in my inbox this morning

Hi.

Thanks for joining the Motorola Feedback Network. We may have a small project for owners of Motorola Xooms on Verizon. Participants must have had their Xooms upgraded to LTE to take part.

At this point, we can't positively confirm that the project will go forward, but if it does, the timing will be fast and we thought it best to prepare a group to provide feedback.

So, if you can live with some uncertainty, please take a moment to sign up here.

Thats all the information I have to share at this time. If you sign up and meet the conditions of the project -- and it actually goes forward -- more will be provided.

Regards,
    01-10-2012 08:21 AM
    Hopefully it means ICS will be coming soon. But I wouldn't hold my breath.
    01-10-2012 08:25 AM
    Looks like the ICS "soak test" for the Transformer Prime has been to release the upgrade generally, then try to figure out what issues users will end up having:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/asu...cs-issues.html
    01-12-2012 03:58 PM
    and you see why some companys choose to TEST the product before it was released?
    hope its true that it is on the horizon
    01-12-2012 07:07 PM
    Looks like the ICS "soak test" for the Transformer Prime has been to release the upgrade generally, then try to figure out what issues users will end up havingl[/URL]
    I don't understand. If I were to remove the word "generally" from your sentence, it all makes sense. Maybe I'm smokin' crack, but it don't make no sense to me.
    01-12-2012 08:12 PM
    I don't understand. If I were to remove the word "generally" from your sentence, it all makes sense. Maybe I'm smokin' crack, but it don't make no sense to me.

Generally, as in "to everyone, all at once", as opposed to releasing to a select few who are best situated to identify and report back on issues found.
    01-12-2012 10:29 PM
    Anyone else received one for the LTE version? I've been in the MFN for a while and didn't get an email.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    01-13-2012 08:36 AM
    I guess everyone is adhering to the first rule of Fightclub.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    01-18-2012 01:27 PM
    Darn you TallyHo!!! I thought there would be some new or good news in here. Got my hopes up.

Anyone know anything more about the Verizon LTE Soak Test????
    01-18-2012 01:33 PM
    I was hoping someone would post something soon too, but guess it's quiet I'm loving ICS on my phone, so looking forward to it on my Xoom; especially the data usage monitor which is a feature it should have had since day 1

-Mike
    01-18-2012 05:33 PM
    I received the same invitation, but after reading the requirements, I didn't fill out the form. One of the requirements was that the Xoom has a current Verizon 4G data plan. I don't have a data plan, so I will wait for the final release.

Sent from my 4G Xoom using Tapatalk.
    01-18-2012 07:20 PM
    How long ago did you receive the request?

Things have been quiet on the LTE Xoom forums.

Sent from my Epic CM7 Android via Tapatalk
    01-19-2012 12:16 PM
    I suspect we may hear something as soon as tomorrow about the Verizon Xoom's, since the WiFi Xooms deployment is fully under way. Keeping my sticky fingers crossed.
    01-19-2012 03:45 PM
    I also own a wifi Xoom, and have not received ICS yet on that one either.

01-19-2012 07:09 PM
    OK, I lied. I just went and checked my wifi Xoom, and the upgrade was ready to install. It took five minutes, and everything is working great!

01-19-2012 07:22 PM
    Verizon has to sign off on the 4G LTE Xoom update. So, it will take a bit longer...sadly. I wouldn't bet on seeing it this week or even next. It's not impossible, but, I'd not get my hopes up.
    01-19-2012 07:49 PM
    Verizon has to sign off on the 4G LTE Xoom update. So, it will take a bit longer...sadly. I wouldn't bet on seeing it this week or even next. It's not impossible, but, I'd not get my hopes up.
    Makes a lot of sense. Wonder if there is a way to find out if its in their hands?
    01-19-2012 07:59 PM
    Taking into consideration VZW has to sign off on it, I'd give it another month to two.
    01-19-2012 08:00 PM
    Makes a lot of sense. Wonder if there is a way to find out if its in their hands?
    It's a good question. I would have to guess that yes, they have it. For how long? I don't have a clue. But it's not much more than the WIFI update with the LTE radio files included afaik. I don't think it'll take nearly as long as their phone testing usually does.
    01-19-2012 08:04 PM
    Taking into consideration VZW has to sign on off on it, I'd give it another month to two.
    No, I don't think it'll take quite that long. As I just said, it's not the same as phone testing. They just have to verify that the new radio files don't break the network. Other than that, it's still a GED so, as long as it doesn't blow stuff up, it should get released fairly quickly.
    01-19-2012 08:05 PM
    No, I don't think it'll take quite that long. As I just said, it's not the same as phone testing. They just have to verify that the new radio files don't break the network. Other than that, it's still a GED so, as long as it doesn't blow stuff up, it should get released fairly quickly.
    One can hope.
    01-19-2012 08:07 PM
    One can hope.
    Indeed. For now I went custom. I may never look back TBH. I got a chance to put my custom rom'd 4G LTE Xoom up against a WIFI OTA Xoom and quite frankly, the custom rom kicked the living heck out of the OTA rom. Not even a close contest. So while I'll update my stock rom with ICS when it's available, I may go back to my custom rom right after that.
    01-19-2012 08:10 PM
    Indeed. For now I went custom. I may never look back TBH. I got a chance to put my custom rom'd 4G LTE Xoom up against a WIFI OTA Xoom and quite frankly, the custom rom kicked the living heck out of the OTA rom. Not even a close contest. So while I'll update my stock rom with ICS when it's available, I may go back to my custom rom right after that.
    That's great on the speed. How is the battery life with that ROM?
    01-19-2012 08:14 PM
    That's great on the speed. How is the battery life with that ROM?
    Hard to tell. I was away on business travel all week so I brutalized my Xoom all week. I was up at 7:30am yesterday morning, using it until 6pm through meetings, and when I got back to the hotel I was still at 34%. I can't really complain.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    01-19-2012 08:19 PM
    Having a 4G Xoom on Honeycomb and a wifi Xoom on ICS to compare side by side is pretty cool. The performance definitely seems a little snappier on ICS. The differences are not huge, but enough to know they are there.

01-19-2012 08:39 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD