Motorola Project Update

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Not yet. However I'm not part of the soak test group. How long after a soak test do they start rolling updates out? I'm getting anxious for some XOOM ICS OTA love!!!!

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I installed it this morning morning on my Xoom Wifi with the update zip file, USB stick and my USB OTG cable.

Seems good so far. Far better than any Honeycomb version.

This XDA thread has all the info if you wanted to try a manual update yourself: Motorola Xoom 'project' rolling out now - xda-developers

Thanks, but I'll wait for the official OTA update. Others may find this usefull. I depend on my Xoom too much to possibley mess it up. I know I can easily flash back to stock, but at the moment its not worth it to me.

I'm just happy the official ICS update is around the corner!

chaz_uk

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I believe the update only works on the wifi Xoom anyway so 3g/LTE users have to wait for now. :(

Makes sense not mucking around with your Xoom if it's something you depend on. :D I've got the stock images always at the ready in case I do something wrong to mine to get her back to new.

I can't see myself doing much flashing now tho as the official build is very nice!

Hopefully it'll be issued to all via OTA soon enough.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I thought this was for WiFi and 4G. See first sentense from the article on AC

We've known for a while now Motorola has been prepping a 'project' not only for the WiFi Motorola Xoom but the 4G LTE equipped Motorola Xoom as well.

chaz_uk

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I thought this was for WiFi and 4G. See first sentense from the article on AC

We've known for a while now Motorola has been prepping a 'project' not only for the WiFi Motorola Xoom but the 4G LTE equipped Motorola Xoom as well.
EDIT: actually' it may work on the 4g version as the post I linked to refers to the 3g model! I may be wrong. :D

Last edited:

eblackman

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Chaz is this roll-out going to everyone or just people in the soak test user group and if so how long before us NON testers get it.

E

chaz_uk

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Chaz is this roll-out going to everyone or just people in the soak test user group and if so how long before us NON testers get it.

E

It's only going out to the soak testers I'd assume. I wasn't in the soak test (I have a UK Xoom, flashed to U.S firmware). That's why I went the manual update route. :)

slwerner

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but I'll wait for the official OTA update. Others may find this usefull. I depend on my Xoom too much to possibley mess it up. I know I can easily flash back to stock, but at the moment its not worth it to me.

I'm just happy the official ICS update is around the corner!

I'm with you on this. I'm not going to upgrade until I know it's functioning properly.

And, I would add, Hat's Off to those of you testing ICS (soak test or CM) out on Xooms for the benefit of the rest of us. Kudos!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I haven't done it so far is that I have CWR installed and am stock rooted. So when I tried it this morning it said "woa, buddy, not a chance for you!" :D I think that's the error I got...it was early. ROFL! So I'm curious if anyone stock has tried it. If so, and it works, I'd have to return fully to stock and run the update, then re-root it which I don't wanna do unless I know it'll work as it's a fair amount of work involved to do that.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance