How to Flash ICS for WiFi Xoom NO ROOT REQUIRED

whodatkiid

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Motorola Xoom ICS update. FLASH WITH NO ROOT REQUIRED

Xoom stuck on dual core screen with fastboot protocol on top left. Whats going on??? Help!!

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

Xoom stuck on dual core screen with fastboot protocol on top left. Whats going on??? Help!!

Restart the whole process.

Press and hold volume up and power button til reboot.

After seeing dualboot screen press volume down ONCE. I do other hold down.. This will bring glory you into fastboot protocol.

Then follow the steps i left in page 1 of this post

enjoylife949

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

Does video play better with this ICS update?
Also, if you do this update via USB will the device still be get official updates OTA in the future?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

This is going to be the OTA update. And with the Xoom, you can always go back. The joys of being able to unlock the bootloader. ;) But yea, this is the release candidate that's being pushed out to wifi xooms. I suspect it'll be widely rolled out next week barring any major issues.

enjoylife949

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

Either get the Motorola Camera Connection kit, which is really just a USB adapter cable, or get an OTG (On The Go) generic USB adapter. Even though I have had my WiFi Xoom since day 1, I am just now getting the accessories I should have had long ago. I have a Thinkpad USB keyboard with trackpoint which works great via USB. Recently I also got the speaker dock, bluetooth keyboard and mouse since they were on sale.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Yea, the camera connection kit is currently 7.99 at best buy. I'm thinking about grabbing one at some point this weekend just to have it. I got an OTG cable from hong kong on ebay for 5 bucks and it works just fine. But you definitely need a host mode (On The Go) cable to do it.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Yea, the camera connection kit is currently 7.99 at best buy. I'm thinking about grabbing one at some point this weekend just to have it. I got an OTG cable from hong kong on ebay for 5 bucks and it works just fine. But you definitely need a host mode (On The Go) cable to do it.

Really? Heading there tonight lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Really? Heading there tonight lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

They may be out of them. Apparently they're getting rid of all Xoom accessories or some such nonsense. But if you can find one, that's a great price.

nicholasdejohn

May 8, 2011
Visit site

I wish there was a way to do this with out needing the OTG cable. No one around has one and I can't connect to my Xoom with out it.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I don't have any experience with Xoom updates, but, I had a theory that no one has confirmed or denied. *IF* you can update a rooted Xoom, theoretically you could put the update in /system/cache and the run the update check. It MIGHT find it. I don't know. Just a theory. And I don't know if a rooted Xoom can install updates.

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site

Not working for me...
I have a unrooted U.S. wifi xoom. I have downloaded the zip file and placed it on my usb stick. I am entering into recovery mode fine and selecting the zip (using usb stick and moto camera cord) but keep getting..... E:failed to seek in/tmp/sideload/package.zip (invalid argument)... and ...E:signature verification failed followed by..."installation aborted"

I know on droid life it says i need to install clockwork recovery but Im finding this confusing.
"Move the image file over to wherever your adb and fastboot files are set up in your computer.".....I have no idea where my fast boot files are. Can I create a folder?
I have a feeling im making this more complicated then it truly is but still..kinda lost and some simple steps to install clock work or zip install would be most appreciated.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

Not working for me...
I have a unrooted U.S. wifi xoom. I have downloaded the zip file and placed it on my usb stick. I am entering into recovery mode fine and selecting the zip (using usb stick and moto camera cord) but keep getting..... E:failed to seek in/tmp/sideload/package.zip (invalid argument)... and ...E:signature verification failed followed by..."installation aborted"

I know on droid life it says i need to install clockwork recovery but Im finding this confusing.
"Move the image file over to wherever your adb and fastboot files are set up in your computer.".....I have no idea where my fast boot files are. Can I create a folder?
I have a feeling im making this more complicated then it truly is but still..kinda lost and some simple steps to install clock work or zip install would be most appreciated.

OK here's what we are an do.. For now press and hold volume up and power to do a reboot.

Next delete that file on your usb stick then redownload the same file via droid-life.. Make sure it's not in any folder just place the. Zip file at the top of the directory on the usb stick. I let me know how I goes.. I wouldn't use clockwork recovery. I seeing as there is no need to root that is.

Reactions: Berry me a G

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site

ok..so still not working and my finger is going numb from pressing that stupid volume button :)
unfortunately same invalid message....but i did notice that when I download the file from droid life that I get two "parts". one is the standard zip but shows no MB the other is the same file name but ends in "zip.part" and has 85.9 mb. know anything about that? How big is the file when you download it?

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site

ok. do you know what might cause that? does anybody have another link? just trying to work my way thru this